Reloading bench question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading bench question

What height should I build my reloading bench. Also looking for a comfortable seat for operating a progressive press. I'm getting old enough that I want to be comfortable while I'm cranking on a press. I'm looking at stools, but I'd like something with a back rest. Any suggestions?

Building it I'd build it to your specs.

How high can you sit with your back straight and still get full press stroke? Also being able to stand and do everything as well.

I'd build bench to standing height and find a chair to match it.
    Last edited by SmTx; 10-10-2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I run 3 Dillon's on benches that I can sit in an office chair, no issues at all.

Comment

I sit on a barstool and my bench is built accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I sit on a barstool and my bench is built accordingly.
          This is how my table is set up also.

Comment

Originally posted by HTDUCK View Post
            I run 3 Dillon's on benches that I can sit in an office chair, no issues at all.
            Same here but I run 8 Dillons.

Comment

I measured mine and it is 42” tall.

Comment

Pretty sure mine are 42”s as well, I use adjustable height bar stools with a back rests on it. I can either stand or sit down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                  Pretty sure mine are 42”s as well, I use adjustable height bar stools with a back rests on it. I can either stand or sit down.
                  That is why mine are that tall also because I like the option to stand or sit.

Comment

Mines 34...But more important IMP (do you want knees under like desk)(attached to wall?)(if free standing heavy enough not to move in use)( i say choose chair fst )
                    And sometimes ya just gota do what ya must ...due to location..

Comment

I use a drafting chair at my reloading bench. Its just like an office chair with wheels but taller. Works perfect for me. I sit down to reload 99% of the time.

Comment

Mine is 42” and I use a craftsman bar stool with a back.

Comment

This is the bench I just got this summer to reset my reloading up on. Before this one, I had a bench built out of 2x4s. It was rickety to say the least.
                          The one in the link has adjustable legs, no undr frame in the front to inhibit clamps or anything else for presses or equipment, has a max height of 41". Or you can lower it to 27" (if I remember right). And is quite nice as well as heavy. They come in a 4', 6', and 8'. The wood on top is nice and thick too. Makes a very nice bench and table. I got the 6" model. And there are other sorces besides HD if you search.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-12-2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X