Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    Prayers up for your brother and the Family Smart. It’s all about early detection as we all know.
    Different but I had a rare intestinal cancer that they caught early a couple years ago and took care of it with surgery. My entire priority of life in general changed thanks to the Lord. Listen to your body folks and get your checkups.

Thank you....glad to hear they caught your issue.

Comment

I took the clean out when having issues 4-5 months ago. No colonoscopy

Some of yall act like its the worst thing ever. Just be prepared to be near a toilet.

It's alot better then chemo I can tell you that

Comment

Thank you Smart for the PSA.

Colon cancer is highly heritable. If you have any relative that has had colon cancer, don't delay getting the colonoscopy

Comment

I keep checking in on this thread hoping Breezy will make another appearance. Figure him and Chew could add alot of entertainment value

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
            I get it once a year. No biggie.
            Update.....

It's time for my annual scope job. Doc says they now have purge kit wherein you take a pill, drink alot of water, and purge. 5-hours late repeat same.

Says it works even better than the gallon of bilge water they used to use.

Now there is no excuse. Swallow some pills and git 'er done.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I keep checking in on this thread hoping Breezy will make another appearance. Figure him and Chew could add alot of entertainment value

With one of his hometown lifelong friends, my middle brother, being diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer Friday, his 1st cousin just coming off and surviving the same, and the motivation for this thread, I don't think he'd take it where you want it to go...
              Last edited by Smart; 09-22-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

The pills were no big deal for me, I’ve been taking daily supplements so the size of the pill was nothing. If all you take is Tylenol, then they may seem big and you may find it easier with the liquid option. Either way the toilet experience is the “fun” part now.

But Smart is exactly right in that it is too easy of a procedure to avoid a possible life altering issue.

Jimbow

Comment

Just had it done a few weeks ago. Nothing bad. See u in 10 years.

But do have divaticulosis of the lower colon I have to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go get it done. I was 49 when I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. I promise you the colonoscopy is nothing compared to the chemo and radiation I dealt with for a year. Not to mention the colostomy bag and all the staples . Please get it done, it will save you and your a lot of grief

Comment

Smart. You know he would have something humorous. Its horrible people ignore it or put it off. It isnt a big deal and painless. Just because its a serious matter doesn’t mean someone cant throw a one liner over the rail

Comment

And this is one of those threads that needs to be brought back up to front page once a month. If it gets just one person in it is a good thing. Im on the 5 year plan but my wife is every other year because of history and results of hers a few months ago

Comment

Got mine earlier this year, all good here! Thanks for the PSA

Comment

Had my first last week. I’m 54 and know I should have done it sooner. Thankfully my pipes were clean…

The colonoscopy was no big deal. After they gave me the anesthesia I was immediately out - next thing I know I’m in recovery. Felt like I slept 20 hours. Prep was easy. Running to the can all day during the purge was a small price to pay for some peace of mind…

Comment

My husband is 57 and his mother passed away from colon cancer, so he gets checked every 5yrs to remove any polyps. I had my first at age 50 and all fine, no polyps. Our son was having stomach issues, so he had at colonoscopy at 23 and they removed 1 or 2 polyps, so he’ll have to have one every 5yrs now too. Easy procedure and suprep was a piece of cake. My husband makes us fresh strained chicken and vegetable broth to eat that day since it has to be clear - it’s delicious and filling!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                It is a super cleanse, yes. I didn’t have a choice but I’d rather have the 6 ounces of liquid plus 10 ounces of water than the horse pills my buddy described. Mine and my wife’s was like chugging a small Gatorade/Pedialyte then drinking a 32glass of water over the next hour.

Wife and I both had the endoscopy as well. Mine was separate and she had her’s done at the same time as the colonoscopy. Good reminder.
                                Just make sure they don't use the same tube

Comment

Working...
                                X