In a bit of UTV tire quandary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    I definitely think the bighorn is more durable than the mud lites he was happy with for 16 years. And the bighorn probably is one of best hard pack sandy tire out there.
    I’ve never ran the mud lites so I can’t say anything about them in comparison. I can say that I haven’t had a flat or damaged tire in the 2.5 years since I got rid of my last set of Bighorns. Flats used to be weekly occurrences, and damaged happened a couple times a year. Only one from abuse. My current tires are considerably better on hard pick and sand, but they don’t make them in that small of a size. The smallest is a 28”. If I bought Bighorns it would only be takeoffs at a VERY good price. No way they’re worth retail IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
      Look up SUNF tires on Amazon. That’s what I put on mine. They do pretty good in the sandy soil I hunt in. Wide footprint,not too aggressive.
      How have they held up?

Comment

Tusk terabytes - the 10 ply ones. This is the second set I have bought. I really like them , I put 1/4 gallon of slime in each one.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Bighorn 2.0s are ok in soft soil and hard pack. Id look another direction if you have any rocks or brush. Have had them on 4 different machines now, and I’d never pay to put them on a machine. They came factory on all of our Can Ams. We’ve torn up a handful, and have to fix a flat just about every time we want to ride. That is with Slime in them as well.
          Well I purchased a set of these turds so we’ll see how they do !

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I’ve never ran the mud lites so I can’t say anything about them in comparison. I can say that I haven’t had a flat or damaged tire in the 2.5 years since I got rid of my last set of Bighorns. Flats used to be weekly occurrences, and damaged happened a couple times a year. Only one from abuse. My current tires are considerably better on hard pick and sand, but they don’t make them in that small of a size. The smallest is a 28”. If I bought Bighorns it would only be takeoffs at a VERY good price. No way they’re worth retail IMO.
            They aren’t mud lites they are at 590’s or something like that ( I’m kind of over them so I don’t remember lol)! This machine had 345 hrs on it when I purchased it last year and always climate controlled - garage kept so that’s why they have lasted so long- they made that machine feel like it was riding on square tires and it was horrible to turn.

These should be better !

Comment

Kenda Bearclaw HTR
              8 ply, AT tread.
              Go 26x9x12 in front, 26x11x12 in the rear.
              Don't overthink it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mongrels here also. I looked at a lot of tires. I’m in the rock

Comment

I have the Sedona ripsaws on my XP and the Moto mtc EFX on my crew. I like them both. Couple to look at

Comment

Working...
                  X