No announcement yet.

Best bow shop around Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always visited Glenn at W Houston. Always been pleasant to deal with and got me set up, no problem. Though, if you shoot a PSE we have a site sponsor in Houston.

Archery supplies for target archery, bow hunters, and recreational archers alike. All from a small business with a family spirit!
    Last edited by BlackHogDown; 09-10-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

On Target Archery in Canton, Tx.

Comment

Triple Edge! Great customer service and great people to help with your archery needs!

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
          Gulf coast archery is more driven towards Target archery, the owners and his wife are really not hunters and to say there terrible and not worth the trip is not fair to say.
          Well assuming we are talking about hunting bows makes my statement true then?

For a bow technician to be clueless about how to find the FOC of an arrow and know if its the correct spine makes it not worth the trip for me..

Last edited by JakeM; 09-10-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

as has been mentioned, Texas Archery 100%. I've never found West Houston to be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post

For a bow technician to be clueless about how to find the FOC of an arrow and know if its the correct spine makes it not worth the trip for me..

It’s easy to do that stuff from home, I am looking for bow tuning, technical
              Guidance and equipment.

I am displaced from my home in iowa and took a great job here in Texas but right now I don’t have anywhere I can shoot or set up a bow press, etc

I also hve diagnosed ocd so sometimes I obsess over my
              Equipment and have to have someone tell me it’s fine lol

Comment

I can help you with arrow set up and optimization. Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by prodigyoutdoors View Post
                  It’s easy to do that stuff from home, I am looking for bow tuning, technical
                  Guidance and equipment.

I am displaced from my home in iowa and took a great job here in Texas but right now I don’t have anywhere I can shoot or set up a bow press, etc

I also hve diagnosed ocd so sometimes I obsess over my
                  Equipment and have to have someone tell me it’s fine lol

From this post, I'd highly recommend making the drive out to Texas Archery. They have multiple ranges from traditional spot targets, 3D target ranges and even an elevated 3D range out to 50 yards, all indoor and air conditioned!

Not sure what part of town you are living/working in, but these guys are on the North Side of Houston just north of the Intercontinental Airport. About 1/2 mile down the road from them is also a big gun store with shooting ranges outdoors for rifle, pistol and shotgun... Good meat processor and great custom gunsmith shop all on the same road within 1/2 to 3/4 miles from each other... Good area to become familiar with.

If however you are on the West side (Interstate 10 corridor), West Houston archery is top notch too... They have a good shop and qualified technicians that are good at what they do as well... From a technical standpoint, West Houston is on Parr with Texas Archery, but Texas Archery is a larger (and most think friendlier) facility.

Texas Archery is also more likely to have in stock what you need to get you up and running again if you have need of parts/equipment and accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Solo7 View Post
                    Any feedback for Gulf Coast Archery? I have a recurve I am sorting out.

If you want to talk to likely the top bowyer/trad archery guy in the Houston area, go to West Houston Archery and ask to speak to Rick. He built several recurves for me and many others when he was in the business of building traditional bows and such... He's a real nice guy to talk to and if you are having tuning issues with a recurve, there are none better than Rick Erdmann... His recurves are second do none... If you find one and want to buy the best, get it... Sweptwing is the brand name of his bows...

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                      Gulf coast archery is more driven towards Target archery, the owners and his wife are really not hunters and to say there terrible and not worth the trip is not fair to say.

Seems fair to say (based on your reply) if you’re a bow hunter and not just a target shooter

Comment

The owner of Gulf Coast has a daughter who is a competitive shooter. So the above comments make sense. I had them replace my string on my compound and the job they did was perfect.

I did some work for the owner a while back and he seemed like a good fella.

And they have a nice range.

Comment

I have no idea what their skill level is with stick bows.

Comment

Triple Edge Archery for me!!!

Comment

Not really, this is the original poster was asking:

(Best bow shop around Houston
                              New to the area and Iso the best shop when I need some tuning.)

Comment

I can tell you the one in Clute ain't worth AF

Buying an ez green press was the best purchase I've ever made!

Comment

Working...
                                X