• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    lmao go home gigem you're drunk.

Sure seems like it! Just tired
    And bad eyes. ****it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just cancelled my 2nd fishing trip in 6 weeks because of work. ****** me off, had this one booked since January as it is my bday. I have fished August 13th 5 years running with Capt Nathan Gray out of Galveston and it just isn’t in the cards this year. If anyone is looking for a short notice Friday trip next week give him a call, he’s open now.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
        Just cancelled my 2nd fishing trip in 6 weeks because of work. ****** me off, had this one booked since January as it is my bday. I have fished August 13th 5 years running with Capt Nathan Gray out of Galveston and it just isn’t in the cards this year. If anyone is looking for a short notice Friday trip next week give him a call, he’s open now.

I would quit.

Comment

Dangitman! Priorities can be a real ***** sometimes!! Oh well, happy birthday anyhoo!

Comment

That has been my entire 2021. Happy birthday and you’ll get em next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I would quit.

Comment

My buddy and I went out on his boat here in the Rockport area and had a crazy morning catching trout! Trout everywhere, dolphins trying to take them from us. Just a nutso day.

Check out the video. I'm not sure it does justice to the insanity, but it gives you a good idea of what we faced:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1St2fF31ZqI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1St2fF31ZqI[/ame]

Enjoy!

Comment

Gigged a few last night.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy and I went out on his boat here in the Rockport area and had a crazy morning catching trout! Trout everywhere, dolphins trying to take them from us. Just a nutso day.
                    Couple years ago, I got into a 78 trout caught and released pattern, on one stop out in front of Aransas Pass and Conn Brown area. Momma with calf - and it got to points, each trout caught, I had to distract her and calf on one side of the boat to release them on the other side. Needless to say, out of all those trout released, I bet she and calf ate nearly half of them. She would toss a few in the air, near her Calf, so baby had a chance to make a kill for dinner. They are so darn efficient - and alone, you can't keep up with their demands when the fishing action is on fire. So a lot of releases ended up dinner.

I managed to weasel my flats boat up on the flats high enough, she couldn't get on top of me and I could release them in skinny water - if they went deep BAM

From that day forward thru that summer - she and calf would find me - they figured out my boats profile and acoustics and I could run a channel area, they lived in, and here they would leap frog across the distance to me, and follow me literally for several miles, as I worked their zone.

They did this for months to points, I had to run over behind St Joe Island to get a break from them.

It was super cool but over at St Joe island, I encountered a very mature bull porpoise, who not only begged at my boat for specks, he slid his head up and rested it like a **** SeaWorld actor, with enough weight, he would rock my skiff. And he was slick with how he did it, he would come up from my backside and I'd feel the boat (drifting) move. Look over and his big arse head is right there staring right at me with that big grin.

Yeah he was a complete BOAT HO!

There's some very tame porpoise around that area from the Dolphin Watch fleets.
                    Last edited by AtTheWall; 08-06-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

^peeps be feeding them on purpose when they're conditioned like that.

Comment

Went back for more. This time with a couple buddies.

Comment

^nice!

Check out the color change on this dude on the right.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's wild

Comment

Well, land cut was a big bust. Couldn't lose a bait in 9 mile hole. 7 people in 2 boats caught 1 keeper red and 4 drum, and on sheep head all on the west Bank of t
                              He icw.

Comment

Went to the marsh Friday evening on an outgoing tide. Never saw a red, I just threw at targets, caught 4. Went Saturday morning on an incoming tide. Saw a dozen reds, caught zero. They're still not ganged up yet, but I'm seeing more of them going deep in the grass, it shouldn't be long now.

Comment

Working...
                                X