Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all don't have a Starbucks close?

Comment

Strength of coffee is as much of a personal choice as which bow should I buy. Here is how I got my wife to start liking coffee. Start with a good whole bean coffee. NOT FOLGERS! Yes it does make a difference! Use a good burr grinder to get the proper grind and grind right before you make the coffee. Filtered tap water works best for me. Bottled water changes the taste. You are going to have to play with the amount of coffee to water. Everyone is different. I use roughly 6T for 10cups.
      I hate Kuregs. Never had a decent cup of coffee from one. At best they are drinkable.
      Yes I'm a coffee snob.

Comment

French press was the bomb, until I discovered the Aeropress. No comparison. Now roast and grind my own, so if it's not perfect every time it's my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          If you don’t get high you can’t get high anxiety

Again how many cartridges does it take to fill a yeti 20oz cup
          Any hacks to fill it without brew ,fill repeat, repeat
          I am not familiar with your coffe pot pictured, but in a Keurig type I would use two pods to fill a 20 oz cup. If you want it stronger use three different pods.

Comment

Drop a KCup and press GO......

Comment

I have a Mr Coffee as well. 12 cups of water and three heaping table spoons of coffee..

Comment

Your first mistake is using Folgers.

Comment

Make it the way you usually like it and when it finishes brewing then add one more cup of water to the coffee maker and let that go through then it should be slightly less stronger.

If wife still thinks its too strong, then repeat with one more cup. What I usually do when I have relatives over.

Comment

I guess I am not very picky, I don't like it super strong or super weak, somewhere (anywhere....lol) in the middle. I could really care less about the brand, I buy whatever is on sale. I have used a Keurig machine and the coffee is fine, but it costs way to much!

Comment

Just made coffee with 12 cups water and 5 heaping tables spoons of coffee. This pot is a little weak so the next one will be cut back to 10 cup of water to same coffee.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        https://youtu.be/pnJLK1tGPy4
                        We had some Folgers leftover from church
                        But mainly use HEB San Antonio blended or Austin blend
                        Don’t get me wrong, if you like folgers then use folgers. The simplest way to get a better cup of coffee, though, is get better coffee!

There will always be people that like coffee stronger or weaker, but if you use good coffee and make it normal strength you’ll have less complaining on both sides because the flavor that is there is just plain good.

I buy this stuff: https://www.heb.com/product-detail/r...coffee/1211119

.46 cents per oz compared to .36 cents per oz with folgers. Doesn’t break the bank but it is GOOD STUFF.
                        Last edited by MetalMan2004; 12-29-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Maybe my tastes aren't as defined as you folks. I drink whatever is available, mostly store brand here at the house, Folgers at work. If it's not strong enough, add a spoonful of instant.
                          Men that are fussy about their coffee, I question their sexuality. Doesn't mean you are for sure pitching for the other team, but it sure looks like it.

Comment

Rise and shine

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                            Strength of coffee is as much of a personal choice as which bow should I buy. Here is how I got my wife to start liking coffee. Start with a good whole bean coffee. NOT FOLGERS! Yes it does make a difference! Use a good burr grinder to get the proper grind and grind right before you make the coffee. Filtered tap water works best for me. Bottled water changes the taste. You are going to have to play with the amount of coffee to water. Everyone is different. I use roughly 6T for 10cups.
                            I hate Kuregs. Never had a decent cup of coffee from one. At best they are drinkable.
                            Yes I'm a coffee snob.
                            “” Y'all don't have a Starbucks close? “”

“ bout 15 minutes down the road, but I don’t want to spend $18 for 2 cups of coffee “

This morning we tried HEB San Antonio blend ( a small pre made with 9 tablespoons in the pot package “
                            I thought it was decent, wife liked the HEB dark KONO pot package from yesterday

One constant will be bottled water. 2nd will be 9-10 tablespoons/4-5 scoops of good coffee beans ( this seems the standard amount in a pot package from HEB )
                            And no more self grinding the beans “ to inconsistent “

Keep your ideas coming as learning to make coffee is harder than I thought

Comment

If forced to use a keurig this is my favorite

Comment

12 cups of water and 6 scoops of.......yes........FOLGERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X