Anniversary help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary help?

I’ve been bringing my 9 year old son down to the hill country the last several years to hunt with family/friends. When we drove down last year we made it a point to spend a day at the Pacific war museum in Fredericksburg and had a great time. So all this time I’ve telling my wife about the hill country and all these cool looking places we should check out some day. Fast forward to this week, I found a great deal on direct flights to Austin. My plan was to head out of Austin, maybe hit the Salt lick on the way and basically spend a long weekend out towards Fredericksburg or??? I would sincerely appreciate any tips or places check out or things to do. We are up for anything and love a good time and are pretty comfortable doing about anything. Some good live music, drinks, maybe even a pig hunt. I’d really appreciate any things to do between Austin, Frederic and even out to junction. Many thanks.

We just got back from Austin earlier today. I was very impressed by the Bullock Texas State history museum.
    I'd go back to spend alittle more time in it.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
      We just got back from Austin earlier today. I was very impressed by the Bullock Texas State history museum.
      I'd go back to spend alittle more time in it.
      If you go to the Bob Bullock museum, take a few minutes to look at the terrazzo mural in the rotunda floor. It’s the story of Texas. I can’t remember whose, but a Texas Ranger’s badge is inset in the floor. A friend’s family company did the mural. It’s an impressive site.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Wampuscat; 10-06-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Wouldn’t you know it, plan an anniversary trip and look who shows up on camera! Wonder if I can get it done before Friday?
        Attached Files

Comment

Curious where you live in MN? I have buddies near St Cloud. Go hard water fishing almost every year at LOTW or Upper Red.

Comment

Live near Blaine. Cabin/hunting property is not too far north of St. Cloud in Swanville. If you guys are willing to drive to LoTW, I’d look into a slightly longer drive and try the Missouri River around Pollock/Modbridge SD. Way more fish and more size since they have shad.

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
              Wouldn’t you know it, plan an anniversary trip and look who shows up on camera! Wonder if I can get it done before Friday?
              Good grief that is an absolute stud of a buck. Good luck on the hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
                Live near Blaine. Cabin/hunting property is not too far north of St. Cloud in Swanville. If you guys are willing to drive to LoTW, I’d look into a slightly longer drive and try the Missouri River around Pollock/Modbridge SD. Way more fish and more size since they have shad.
                I’ll put that SD on my list - sorry to derail your thread. Lots of beautiful country in MN - love the North Shore and boundary waters too. Lots of work but good fishing there too.
                Last edited by StrayDog; 10-21-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Wait, I just read this again. So you got married during hunting season? That’s like having relations with her Jan-March. Babies come 9 months after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X