Found Tri Tip at H-E-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k-k View Post
    My heb usually also has picanha which is from the other end of the sirloin (tri tip from the bottom Picanha from the top.
    I think I may like it even more, I've never done a side by side.
    My favorite cut at Foga de Cho

Comment

I love tri tip!!! Used to work at Costco, where a Cali coworker introduced me to it....haven't looked back. One of the few good things we get from California.

Comment

Trader joes sells them premarinated.

If youre daring enough

Comment

Because of this thread I took a look in our local HEB and dang if they didn't have some Prime 1 tri-tips. I just put one on a few min ago for dinner. I'm gonna smoke it at 225 until it gets close and then sear it until it hits medium rare and see how that works for us.

Comment

Our HEB usually has them. I like to sous vide them they come out awesome. Great cut of meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
              Because of this thread I took a look in our local HEB and dang if they didn't have some Prime 1 tri-tips. I just put one on a few min ago for dinner. I'm gonna smoke it at 225 until it gets close and then sear it until it hits medium rare and see how that works for us.

That’s how I cook them Glenn. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                Be warned there was a lot of trimming to do!

When cooking one like this do you trim all the fat off like Houston hunter did or leave some fat on?

Comment

Tri Tip is my jam

Comment

Show some pics!!

That’s exactly how I cooked mine, with pecan smoke.

I put the 2nd one I bought on about noon. Just salt and pepper and pecan smoke. Took it off at 200 internal and wrapped and it’s in the cooler now.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      When cooking one like this do you trim all the fat off like Houston hunter did or leave some fat on?

I never trim them. Just put on the grill over some hot mesquite coals.

All the time I lived in CA, never saw them trimmed before cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                        That looks absolutely fantastic.....tri-tip is great!
                        What’s the side you served it with?

Haaa. It is a baked potato, that when I squished the ends it kinda fell apart. Cheese, green onions and bacon ranch in place of butter. [emoji6]

Comment

We cook it for fundraisers and for church picnics all the time. It cost a little more then brisket but don’t have near the waste. It also cooks a little faster then brisket when your doing 400-600 lbs at a time.

Comment

I’ve never trimmed one

Comment

Dang, that looks delicious! The deep, rich-looking crust and that juicy, red interior. Made my mouth water just looking at it!

I’d say you’ve mastered the Tri-Tip Roast!

Comment

I found some at my HEB marked as pork loins a while back. I should have loaded up the cart, but I was short on freezer space! I’ve had one like a brisket and one like a steak. Both were good, not sure which I prefer. Waiting for pics of Capitan Glenn’s to see his outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X