Capped Privacy Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capped Privacy Fence

Looking at building 770' of 7.5' privacy fence with exposed 6x6 every 14 feet. I'm thinking it may be a smart idea to hold out and wait to see if lumber prices go down some. Just want to get the thoughts of some on the green screen brain trust...

That's a lot of fence, equals a lot of lumber. Id take a chance and wait.

Comment

Wanted to build 1,600 LF of 3 rail last year at this same time with 4x20 ft utility panel. Work slowed down so I waited.

Back then fence material lumber was $8,000 (home depot bid room) and 6 gauge utility panel was $45 a panel. Right now lumber would be north of $15,000 and utility panel is $57 a piece at McCoys.

Some days I feel like a dollar ain't worth a dime.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree, lumber prices have sky rocketed. Why? Imported from other states and countries, as I was informed . Look at the labels on the lumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
          Looking at building 770' of 7.5' privacy fence with exposed 6x6 every 14 feet. I'm thinking it may be a smart idea to hold out and wait to see if lumber prices go down some. Just want to get the thoughts of some on the green screen brain trust...
          I have been waiting since last spring because of the increase of price. I`m not gonna build mine till prices get back to normal. No matter how long it takes. Even if it means not building it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
            Agree, lumber prices have sky rocketed. Why? Imported from other states and countries, as I was informed . Look at the labels on the lumber.
            The tariff on Canadian lumber and supply shortages from their national COVID shutdown hasn't helped.

Comment

Working...
            X