Dog tracking is finally legal!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog tracking is finally legal!!!!!!

In Hardin County that is. Others finally got the green light too. It’s been outlawed for about 40 years. Still illegal in Jasper, Newton, Sabine, and San Augustine.

Good to hear.

Comment

Tracking deer? Or hog chasing? I didnt think anything was ever illegal over there![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

About time !

Comment

Never have understood why its not legal everywhere. I would think the good would out weight the bad maybe.

Comment

Times a changin’ for sure.

Before you know it, they will let deer grow up to be 2 years old in those counties too.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
              Never have understood why its not legal everywhere. I would think the good would out weight the bad maybe.
              Landowner opposition mainly

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Before you know it, they will let deer grow up to be 2 years old in those counties too.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Ok, you owe me a Coke Zero sir!!!
                  Glad to hear we are slowly moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    It was a holdover form the dog runner days. There were still a few families that like to chase deer with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      Landowner opposition mainly

Yep

Comment

Hey AC, what about Angelina County? It was illegal there too...

Comment

Times have definitely changed. I know for the better. We definitely have more mature bucks and total deer than we did back in the dog hunting days. My family had 16 deer dogs. If someone saw a track in the woods the whole family would hunt it until it was killed.

That being said, hunting with buckshot and hearing those dogs coming your way was a heck of an adrenaline rush back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Hey AC, what about Angelina County? It was illegal there too...

What I was told all Counties except the ones I mentioned. I guess we will know more soon as the info gets put out.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X