Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha 150 trim re-seal

Who’s done it and how hard is it?

I did it on an Etec. There's a spanner tool made that'll make your life a lot easier, definitely get it. Aside from that it's not all that difficult if you're somewhere mechanically inclined. I was a decent amount of work though.

Comment

There are some good YouTube videos on it. Dosen't seem hard at all. I'm going to do my Yamaha in the next couple months.

Comment

Brent, don't forget where Les works if you need specific tools. I'm sure she could arrange the use of their shop as well if needed

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The right spinner tool, all the new orings and seals, about 2 hrs with a few road soda breaks and it’s done, pretty straight forward.

Comment

Ain't nuthin' to it Brent!! Just call ol' Snowflake Killa's Yammer mechanic and drop it off... wait for him to call you to come pick 'er up!! Easy-Peasy...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Ain't nuthin' to it Brent!! Just call ol' Snowflake Killa's Yammer mechanic and drop it off... wait for him to call you to come pick 'er up!! Easy-Peasy...
              Who's his mechanic?

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                The right spinner tool, all the new orings and seals, about 2 hrs with a few road soda breaks and it’s done, pretty straight forward.

This is what I’m seeing. Gonna order 2 spanners from Marine Tech and some OEM seals and get after it.

Worst case I haul it to a shop saying tilt don’t work which is exactly what I would say now.

Comment

Right tool make it very easy did it on a 175 I believe they are the same

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                    Right tool make it very easy did it on a 175 I believe they are the same

After some YouTube research I ordered the tools

Comment

I paid for one side to be redone on my 150 a long time ago, then the other side started leaking. Ended up just adding fluid once in a while. Got along just fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X