A great day, along with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great day, along with a question

Yesterday was one of those days that made memories, and I hope my kids remember it for a long time.

This next season, I'll finally be on my first deer lease. My wife's uncle has been on it for years now, but a spot opened up and it was just too good of an opportunity to pass. In the meantime, though, we can go out there with him and mess around on it.

We went out there yesterday for a day trip and tried to fit a three day trip into one with fishing, shooting, and checking out the area. While out on a walk, my wife found a dead buck that probably was one that was shot but not found, my boy outfished everyone, and my daughter found out the fun of shooting a 22. We asked the other members if they lost a buck last season, but none had. So either it was sick, poached, or came from a neighboring property.

My question is, how do I go about cleaning the skull to get it euro mounted?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yes sir, sounds like yall had a pretty good day !!! You should be able to simmer that head just like you normally would for doing a euro.

Comment

Congrats on the lease & Making memories! That is true Quality Family time!

Comment

Put that skull in a fire ant bed with a no.9 wash tub over the top with a big rock on top of it. Leave for about 2 weeks or so and check.

Comment

Great job getting on the lease! I take my heads to a guy who uses beetles. You can skin out the head your self, or pay a little more and have them do it. I don't have a recommendation for you down there but there would have to be a lot of guys who do it. Paying someone 60-70 dollars is a lot easier than messing with it yourself in my opinion.

Comment

Pressure washer

Comment

I'll bet..... That boy couldn't wrestle, that rifle from that young lady.......
              make some memories...........

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                Yesterday was one of those days that made memories, and I hope my kids remember it for a long time.

This next season, I'll finally be on my first deer lease. My wife's uncle has been on it for years now, but a spot opened up and it was just too good of an opportunity to pass. In the meantime, though, we can go out there with him and mess around on it.
                There are so many times we pass up opportunity waiting for something better. I’m glad you were able to jump on this one and were so handsomely rewarded by it on day one. They are very many of us who fondly look back on time at the lease with our family and can honestly say that was the best part. Those kids won’t forget that day!! Keep making those memories bud!!

Comment

Sounds like a GREAT place! I have been fortunate to hunt all over the world and my fondest memories remain those with my Dad and family on our family lease I started going to when I was 5 years old! Shooting rabbits, squirrels, dillos and lots more waiting till I was old enough to shoot deer. I enjoyed that lease thru college and have strived to find one like it sense... that was 50 years ago! It truly will make memories! Congrats!

Comment

What a great first trip to your new deer lease. Those are also great family pics. Big smiles on everyone except your daughter who has on her game face as she picks out her next .22 target! Good luck, and have fun on the lease.

Comment

How about that trigger discipline?

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                        How about that trigger discipline?

Awesome! Trigger discipline, good two hands grip on rifle, pointing muzzle in safe direction, your daughter is showing us all how safe gun handling is done. Congratulations to her, and to you and your wife for making it possible for your daughter and son to experience all the cool things they will learn and do on your deer lease.

Comment

Working...
                        X