Smith&Wesson Revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith&Wesson Revolver

I've had this gun in the safe for many years and took it to the gunsmith a couple of months ago for him to check it out and give it a good cleaning. He didn't know much about the gun, other than S&W .38 special. I brought it home and stuck it back in the safe.

I was in the safe just now and saw it and wanted do a little checking on it. I called S&W, gave them the serial number 537*** and was told the gun was manufactured in 1942 and is a Model 10, or what was to become the Model 10. They could not provide any further information and said I could contact the historical foundation to learn more. Of course, they deal with "snail mail" only.

Anybody got any guess of the value? I am not one to collect old guns.

About $180, but I'll give you $200 for it.

Comment

No idea, but really cool pistol

Comment

Be a good heirloom piece.

Comment

I would say $450.00 or more.................

Comment

Probably

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
            Be a good heirloom piece.
            I don't like my kids that much lol. One is against all guns, one has a crazy wife that would probably divorce him and take it and the other, well, that's all I will say about that. My eldest daughter is military and overseas, and her kids would not be interested in it. I have one grandson that might like it, but he belongs to the parents that are dead set against guns.

Comment

Is it a 38 special? Or 38 S&W?
              I have one just like it, but in 38 S&W caliber and not in that good of condition. I’ve always wondered what the history of mine was as well

Comment

Originally posted by John316 View Post
                Is it a 38 special? Or 38 S&W?
                I have one just like it, but in 38 S&W caliber and not in that good of condition. I’ve always wondered what the history of mine was as well
                Special

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

i'd go look for one that sold on GB, best way to find out what people will actually pay for one . then i'd put the anti gun family for trade in the classifieds ..

Comment

Join the Smith & Wesson fourm. It has all the information on Smith & Wesson products that you will ever need. http://smith-wessonforum.com/register.php

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      I don't like my kids that much lol. One is against all guns, one has a crazy wife that would probably divorce him and take it and the other, well, that's all I will say about that. My eldest daughter is military and overseas, and her kids would not be interested in it. I have one grandson that might like it, but he belongs to the parents that are dead set against guns.
                      ****. Why would our merciful God punish a man so....

Comment

To bad it's not a 38 S&W I have a thousand rounds of ammo and no pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                          I am up for adoption. Just sayin'

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                              To bad it's not a 38 S&W I have a thousand rounds of ammo and no pistol.
                              kc, sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X