Truck Performance Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Performance Shop

Does anyone know or recommend a performance shop in the Austin, Georgetown, Temple area that could install a cam and all of the other stuff that comes with adding more power to an engine? I would prefer to take it to one shop to get it all done and was seeing if anyone had any preference or experience with any shop in the above mentioned areas.

I am looking to draw the most power from my 6.0 liter without having to go to a diesel. Looking at headers, cam, pushrods, Dyno tune, and all of that stuff that comes with it. Thanks for the input.

Hennessy Performance

Comment

Any in the I-35 corridor, from Austin to Temple?

Comment

Texas Speed & Performance Shop.
        https://www.texas-speed.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
          Those guys make crazy power with ls engines

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
            Hennessy Performance
            Stay for away from this guy.

Comment

I would recommend this outfit. I have one of their cams in my 6.0.

Comment

Warhorse Performance in Hewitt, they do a lot of the TX Speed setups, DOD deletes, and they have a dyno and tuning in house to get it all setup.

Warhorse Performance, Waco, Texas. Automotive Repair Shop

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                  Stay for away from this guy.

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                    Why?
                    Do your research on John Hennessey and make your own decision about him and his business practices. I honestly wouldn't let him work on my lawnmower.

Comment

That is where I plan to get the parts from. Problem is, they don't do the actual work, nor do they have a Dyno machine. I'm looking for a place that will do all of the work once I have the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                        Why?
                        He screwed over a lot of people in the early 2000's by re-using components he supposedly upgraded (If I recall, it was major items like pistons, rods, crank), re-used bolts and gaskets, and that reputation has not left him.

From what I hear, they have fixed those issues. Me personally, I still would not take my car to him. But they do make some cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                          That is where I plan to get the parts from. Problem is, they don't do the actual work, nor do they have a Dyno machine. I'm looking for a place that will do all of the work once I have the parts.
                          See KDinTX’s post. Apparently they do a lot of work that for the parts that come from the retailer.

And yes, as CabezaBlanca has said, please stay away from Hennessy. If anyone wants an explanation just do a Google search.

Comment

Get everything from TSP, look for shops that make crazy power on YouTube, in the RGV all my work has been done by spike performance I’ve ran 4.8s running mid 11s on spray and 5.3/6.0 going 11s N/A TSP has always been my go to place for custom grind cams proven performance

Comment

I would suggest a torquey cam if you plan to tow also depends if you want it to sound choppy or not I can help if you interested I will be starting to tune my truck myself with hptuners and have been messing with ls engine for more than 10 years

Comment

Working...
                              X