Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We finally closed on the new property and couldn’t be happier!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally closed on the new property and couldn’t be happier!!

God is amazing!
    Some of you guys know my wife and I have been looking really hard for a small parcel of acreage for about 4 years now. To say it’s been a struggle is an understatement. We have searched the typical MLS listings and even had a few realtors here and there that have been looking out for us......trying to find the perfect place. We looked at a several properties, but either the price was nice but the location wasn’t...or the location was perfect but the price was outrageous. Sometimes both the price and location were great but the land was just open, flat ugly farmland with no real character (i.e. like trees, a tank, improvements, etc).

We had pretty much accepted the fact that it just wasn’t meant to be. Then, I happened to look at....of all places.....Craigslist!
    I actually met and worked the deal directly with the landowner. I happened to call him just 15 mins after he posted the Ad on CL. We fell in love with this gorgeous 10 acre tract of land just south of Terrell in Kaufman County. There’s some really neat improvements that the previous owner had completed that kinda sealed the deal for us. Like a brand new 8” pipe private entry gate, a beautiful roughly 3/4 acre (stocked) tank surrounded by trees, new survey with corner pipe rail corners, crushed rock road and 2 culverts.

Been dealing with the bank (survey, appraisal, etc) for the last month or so and just left the title company. It was a long journey but we couldn’t be happier. Now the fun part....lots and lots of work to do with cross fencing, water, electric, dressing the tank berm, build a dock, haul in more rock, planting trees, runoff dirt work, etc.
    Plans are to build a shop first and hopefully have it completed by next spring. We will then hire an architect and start designing the house which will probably still be a couple of years down the road. We aren’t in a hurry and want to take our time and do it right.

Again...God is amazing and we feel very blessed.
    Had a friend shoot this video with his drone. It came out pretty cool I think.

The pipe and gate won’t fall down anytime soon [emoji23]

Can’t wait to wet a hook in here with my grandkids

Last edited by RascalArms; 10-25-2018, 01:33 PM.

congrats brother

Comment

Better put something on it for ag. Looks like a great place. Congrats now the fun or I should say work begins.

Comment

Really beautiful congratulations

Comment

She's a beaut, Clark! She's a beaut!

Very happy for y'all. Time to move the annual crawfish boil to that place.

Comment

Congratulations! Hope you have years of happiness and memories.

Comment

That's awesome, congrats sir

Comment

Congrats. Awesome looking pond. You aren't kidding about the long journey. My wife and closed on 20 acres at the first of october after over a year of looking for the right spot

Comment

Congrats Joel!! That’s really cool. Looks like a beautiful place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome, congrats!

Comment

Congrats Joel!! Cool looking place, lot's of memories to make.

Comment

Very nice sir. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad it came together for you

Comment

Congratulations to yall

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X