Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford F-150 Crazy staring issues?

I have a 2015 F-150 with the 5.0.
    It has 250,000 miles on it and it has been a great truck.
    But about 6 weeks ago it would turn over good but not start. It was blocking in my other truck so I hooked onto it with my Mule and pulled it out of the way. After pulling it out of the way it started right up. I took it to the Ford dealership and they said it happens and something about the gas movement will make it start. They seemed to act like no big deal but it has now happened two more times. Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like a fuel pump going out?

Comment

Sounds like maybe a fuel pump problem. Hasn't happened to me but I had a chevy that did that and the gas sloshing around would sometimes be enough to unstick the pump temporarily.

Comment

Agree. Fuel pump issue.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

There should be a screen of sorts on the fuel pickup tube and may be getting clogged. Only way to find out is drop the tank and pull it out of the tank.

Comment

I think I have figured it out.
              Watched some YouTube clips this morning. I haven’t moved the truck and it wouldn’t start. I found a YouTube clip with a truck doing the same thing as mine but they had towed it to the dealership and it started and ran great. The technician found a burnt spot on the fuel pump relay due and said that was the problem.
              I went and checked my fuse and it also had a burnt looking spot but not blown. I replaced and the truck started right up.

Comment

Great news, but I was wondering why your truck was "staring" at you.............

Comment

Do they use “fuseable links” in this year trucks? Some older cars had them, looked like wires and not fuses.

Comment

I noticed my Ford getting sluggish last year. Failed Fuel pump left me stranded in the driveway a few months ago. It sure “ tuned “ up with the new pump. Runs like a top afain

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      Great news, but I was wondering why your truck was "staring" at you.............
                      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
                        I think I have figured it out.
                        Watched some YouTube clips this morning. I haven’t moved the truck and it wouldn’t start. I found a YouTube clip with a truck doing the same thing as mine but they had towed it to the dealership and it started and ran great. The technician found a burnt spot on the fuel pump relay due and said that was the problem.
                        I went and checked my fuse and it also had a burnt looking spot but not blown. I replaced and the truck started right up.

Yep, just replaced it on my 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X