Rectec brisket is the bomb!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
    Pretty dang simple and only my 5th brisket ever.
    14lb prime brisket from HEB $2.99/lb
    Trimmed the excess fat and dried with a paper towel.
    Rub was just kosher salt, pepper, granulated garlic and granulated onion.
    225 until it hit 175 and (about 8 hours) then bumped it to 250 until it hit 203(another 3-4 hours).
    I didn’t bother wrapping this one during or after the cook and it turned out great.. My previous attempts included wrapping at the stall and putting it in a cooler after the cook for a few hours and none of those turned out this good.
    If you are considering getting a rectec then just do it! Best purchase I have made in years!
    Fat up or fat down. The brisket recipes for pellet grills were mixed on this.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

I guided the recteq owner this past year, great people, I got a grill for part of my tip, I use all the time, it’s awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
          Fat side down for me.

Comment

I love mine. I did some thick cut pork chops with the reverse sear method the other day. They turned out great. Best pork chops I ever had.

Comment

I can’t wait for Smart to be a pellet smoker man. [emoji6]

They will change your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interested

For those purist who say a pellet grill isn’t good enough...best dang brisket I have ever had!!

Which model do you recommend? Probably will ever cook 2 or less briskets at a time.

Comment

Rectec brisket is the bomb!!!

Originally posted by ken View Post

Always fat down for me if you want a good bark. Those grates and gravity kill a good bark with the pretty side down. Bark is where most of your flavor is so a good bark is key. Also considering the fat “draining down through the meat” is a myth, fat should be used as insulation/protection from the fire first. Trimmed to 1/4” and laid towards the fire and in these pellet smokers’ case, the heat seems like it comes from underneath as over the top. Naturally for me, fat down would be my choice .

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A great stick burner brisket will change your life. A pellet smoker will save me some time in that life to do other things and be close [emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

Pretty dang simple and only my 5th brisket ever.
                    14lb prime brisket from HEB $2.99/lb
                    Trimmed the excess fat and dried with a paper towel.
                    Rub was just kosher salt, pepper, granulated garlic and granulated onion.
                    225 until it hit 175 and (about 8 hours) then bumped it to 250 until it hit 203(another 3-4 hours).
                    I didn’t bother wrapping this one during or after the cook and it turned out great.. My previous attempts included wrapping at the stall and putting it in a cooler after the cook for a few hours and none of those turned out this good.
                    If you are considering getting a rectec then just do it! Best purchase I have made in years!
                    Thanks for the recipe. This makes it seem not so time consuming. I haven't ever tried a brisket but definitely want to on the ol' Camp Chef Woodwind smoker.

Comment

Going to put one on the electric in the near future. It won't have quite that bark or any smoke ring. But I've never been able to taste smoke ring.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                        I’d recommend it. You’ll never quite get the smoke of a stick burner...

Get an Amazen smoke tube or two, load it pellets or smoke shavings and get it smoldering good. They do help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I want one!! A the 700 pit, too!

Comment

I have a 590 and it’s just right for my family. You can put two briskets on, maybe three.

Comment

I'm all about easy as I get older. Currently so many places have top quality brisket its easiest to just go buy a lb or two. Also can't eat brisket for a week due to cholesterol so when I cook its mostly chicken, turkey and pork loins. I may get one some day.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

He already went back to Matthew's and bought a Toyota.

It's either a hovaround or a pellet smoker next

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X