No announcement yet.

if you only had 8 hours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to find the job that you only work 8 hours a day, I am getting shorted 5 or 6 years of living...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Try to get overtime at work...... Said no one ever
      Said I, from age 15 till salary/contract. After that reward, I only stopped counting the overtime effort.
      Last edited by tigerscowboy; 06-30-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
        Never heard of a man on his death bed say " I wish I would have spent more time at the office" - family and friends are what it ends up being about at the end of the day
        Meeting my obligations at work provides for my family: Opportunities, education, training, activities, ect.

Generations since the '90's are backwards.
        Last edited by tigerscowboy; 06-30-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I'll be able to draw on my personal retirement in 9 yrs and 27 days. By then, I'll have contracted somebody to do my job. After that day, I'll start other work.

The generations since '90's are scr*^#d unless your parents inserted a silver spoon.

ALL Men should be Hunter's and Provider's. Not sucking air and breaking-in a Lazy Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
            to do whatever you wanted to do before you could do no more - no matter the reason, what would you choose to invest your time in? family, fun, work, sleep, something crazy like skydiving or cliff diving...etc. I heard this that is written below and it really made me think about what i am doing day-to-day

You live for 24 hours a day. You work 8 hours a day. You sleep 8 hours a day. What do you do with the other 8? Put that into years, you live 60 years. you sleep 20 years. You work 20 years. What do you do with the other 20? If I could push the door of heaven and you could peep into it for 5 minutes, how would it change what you do with the other 20?

A hundred years from now
            A hundred years from now by Warren Parker

It will not make much difference friend a hundred years from now
            if you live in a stately mansion or a floating river scow
            if the clothes you wear were a tailor made or just pieced together somehow
            If you eat big steaks or beans and cake a hundred years from now

Won't matter what your bank account or the maker of car you drive
            for the grave will claim all your riches and fame and the things for which you strive
            There's a deadline that we all must meet, noone will show up late
            it won't matter all the places you've been, each one will keep that date

We will only have in eternity what we gave away on earth
            when we go to the grave we can only save the things of eternal worth
            what matters friend the earthly gain for which some men will bow
            for your destiny will be sealed you see a hundred years from now

As quoted by Leonard Ravenhill,
            Choosing Rather To Suffer

...thought provoking, inspiring and challenging word that grips my heart. how about you?
            To respect your topic, spend every second with family doing what they or you enjoy.

Comment

Good post

Comment

to the top with this one - a good reminder for me

Comment

My grandfather used to say the same thing. He told all his grandkids that if you spend a third of your life at work you better find something you like and are passionate about.

Comment

Knowing my salvation is in Christ and Him alone, I am comforted of where I would be going. However, spending as much time with my 8 year old son and my wife are priority one.

He is my mission field more than any other. If I don't teach him about Christ, God's love and salvation, then the world will teach him false hope and destruction. I must teach him that no amount of good that we can do can get us in a right relationship with God. Only by repenting of our sins, accepting Christ as the forgiveness for our sins and committing our lives to him do we know.

I love spending time with my son and wife. When I'm not working, we are almost always together at the farm, fishing, etc.
                    Last edited by atcfisherman; 01-11-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

It was a simple question, you have only eight hours left. How do you spend it before you go?

For me, I will spend it doing two things, one of which is eating all the Tex-Mex I can.

Comment

Go get a $2 million dollar insurance policy to pay out to my wife and kids so they are taken care of.

Comment

I would spend my last 8 hours praying and singing hyms. And inviting any and all family and friends, and anyone else who wanted to, to join me.

Comment

Ok I promised Mexico I would never post again because he does not like me because I think culling is beneficial - but I could not resist this response.
                            In the last two months I have lost 2 of my friends to covid, my mother in law fell and broke her hip at age 89 and then fell again in assisted living last night and broke 3 ribs and her collarbone, and to top it off my best friends wife fell over dead last week at age 61 from a blood clot that hit her lungs and she was dead before she hit the floor - so what gets us through this? Faith Family and enjoying the time we have left on this earth

This sums it up as to your question

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHoUvKefmUM"]The Breath You Take - YouTube[/ame]
                            Last edited by Huntingfool; 01-11-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I would spend my last 8 hours praying and singing hyms. And inviting any and all family and friends, and anyone else who wanted to, to join me.

Call me and I’ll help you celebrate a “better day coming”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love some Leonard Ravenhill quotes. One of my favorite old time preachers next to Spurgeon and JC Ryle. Assuming only 8 hrs remained for me I would spend it with the ones I love the most on this earth and plead with them with my last breath to surrender to Jesus. Sadly some of them don't know Him.

Comment

Working...
                                X