No announcement yet.

5 generations / 1 rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the story! I have an old Remington pump 22 that means more to me than all of my other guns combined. My grandfather bought it for my dad when dad was born. My grandfather ended up dying in a fire a year later and that is the only thing we have from him.

Comment

Very cool. Do that's a Steven's? Looks very similar to my dad's Winchester model 67

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I love that story. We are at four generations with a Winchester .22 my grandfather purchased in 1939. I’ve got a grandson on the way so hopefully we will hit the five generation mark in a few years.
        I have a Winchester and Remington both from around the same time period best I can tell, one from my dad’s dad, and the other from my mom’s grandma

Comment

That’s awesome. Thank you for sharing

Comment

That's what its all about right there. I have a 410 that was my grandads. Hopefully one day my son (6) will kill a few squirrels with it and his great grandad will be there smiling down on him.

Comment

My son will be 4th generation for my family 30-30. So did your great, great grandfather use this one? Is it 5 or 4? Not being a pain just trying to figure it out myself.

Great Great Grand Father (1)
              Great Grand Father (2)
              Grand Father (3)
              Father (4) - You
              Son (5)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                My son will be 4th generation for my family 30-30. So did your great, great grandfather use this one? Is it 5 or 4? Not being a pain just trying to figure it out myself.

Great Great Grand Father (1)
                Great Grand Father (2)
                Grand Father (3)
                Father (4) - You
                Son (5)

It was the first gun ever fired by many in the family, but certainly not all. Not sure if that is part of your question or not but here’s how we counted the generations:

Great grandfather bought it (1)
                Grandfather (2)
                My dad (3)
                Me (4)
                My boys (5)

My dad says he’s not sure where it came from ( likely a hardware store/general store ) but it used to hang in Big Daddy’s (great grandfather) barn. He said Big Daddy mostly used it to “persuade”coons and possums to NOT live in the barn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is one of the best threads yet! I have my Dad’s 22,but we are only 4 deep into it. My nephew or niece will get it to your generation in the next couple of years. Enjoy the family time.

Comment

I've inherited some guns from my side of the family, and my wife's side. The other guns may come and go, but those guns will stay with us.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I was just talking to my Father-in-law over Christmas about why I don't sell guns.

I told him that my guns were a investment. He said "not much of a investment if you don't plan on selling them".

I told him, "you don't get it, what I'm investing in money can't buy".

Thanks for sharing. I love stories like this.

Comment

Wow, cool stuff. I was the 4th generation on my great grandfather’s .243. Can’t wait until my little girl is old enough to make it the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          I was just talking to my Father-in-law over Christmas about why I don't sell guns.

I told him that my guns were a investment. He said "not much of a investment if you don't plan on selling them".

I told him, "you don't get it, what I'm investing in money can't buy".

Thanks for sharing. I love stories like this.

Nailed it.
                          Not that I’ve never sold any but the core of my collection will always be there for EXACTLY this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have my great grandfather's 30/30 Winchester, 1951 manufacture. All five generations have killed deer with it over the years, most recently my son last year.

Some gun investments money can't buy.

Comment

I have my grandfathers Remington target master 22 that looks very similar to the 22 in the picture. It was the first gun he ever purchased, the first gun my dad and uncle learned to shoot, and my first gun as well. It will be my sons first as well (he is 2 yo now). It’s not much to look at but the memories make that gun priceless. My uncle lived in China when my grandad passed and I ended up with it. There have been more than a few times it’s been mentioned that he would like it but now that I have a son he seems to have cooled off on that. Not my fault he moved to China for a decade.

Comment

Cool stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X