No announcement yet.

2020-2021 LBJ Grasslands !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw on the LBJ hunter FB page that unit 32 (Ball knob unit) is going to be burned soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6 hunts, 0 deer sighted. It's been a rough go for me so far! It can only get better! How has the hunting been for yall?

Comment

Have yall ever observed deer movement drop off after cows were released on a unit?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
          Have yall ever observed deer movement drop off after cows were released on a unit?

Hunted around cows last year on a unit. They ruined couple hunts but never saw a decrease in movement. From observation, deer will avoid where the cows are but they just take a different path. The rancher usually gets the cows off the units before the start of general season, at least that’s what I have observed.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
            Hunted around cows last year on a unit. They ruined couple hunts but never saw a decrease in movement. From observation, deer will avoid where the cows are but they just take a different path. The rancher usually gets the cows off the units before the start of general season, at least that’s what I have observed.
            Okay that makes a lot of sense. I've never thought of cows as a problem before but was just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Agreed. for the most part. Deer will avoid cows. They prefer other deer. But I have seen single does grazing with large groups of cows in wide open spaces. They get pretty focused on what the cows are doing. And it's easy to get close with no cover, as long as the cows don't spook or pay you no mind.

Comment

6 hunts, 0 deer sighted. It's been a rough go for me so far! It can only get better! How has the hunting been for yall?
                Not much better, 1doe in 6 sits

Comment

3 sits: 1 young six pointer and 6 does. Human traffic is starting to get really heavy. Gonna have to start getting creative.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                    3 sits: 1 young six pointer and 6 does. Human traffic is starting to get really heavy. Gonna have to start getting creative.
                    Yea I'm starting to look for spots where you'd have to walk really far.

Comment

11 sits in and I've seen 1 deer on stand which was Thursday morning, a doe at 40 yards, no shot. I scouted this am and had a doe at 20 yards; I was able to nock an arrow and come to full draw before she bounded off. I'm starting to see some more sign pop up but just can't seem to be in the right spot at the right time! We'll keep grinding though! I'll be out Thursday - Sunday hunting and camping!

Comment

11 sits in and I've seen 1 deer on stand which was Thursday morning, a doe at 40 yards, no shot. I scouted this am and had a doe at 20 yards; I was able to nock an arrow and come to full draw before she bounded off. I'm starting to see some more sign pop up but just can't seem to be in the right spot at the right time! We'll keep grinding though! I'll be out Thursday - Sunday hunting and camping!

It’s been rough so far!

Comment

This thread sure is quiet. What have yall been seeing out in the field at LBJ?
                          Last edited by troy_w_7; 11-09-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Saw a small buck yesterday morning and a small buck chasing a doe today I’ll be in the area for the next 5 days we’ll see what happens

Comment

This one was killed this afternoon about 1/2 mile from the LBJ on private land.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7 pt 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24637284

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                                This one was killed this afternoon about 1/2 mile from the LBJ on private land.

[ATTACH]1027540[/ATTACH]
                                Wow those are some crazy brows!

Comment

Working...
                                X