• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda like this.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
      I’m having one built now. They just framed it yesterday. Not quite sure what your referring to when you say trim, but mine will have what they call a rat guard at the base. It basically does what your talking about. Keeps rodents out and the walls flush when they go up. And yes it will be flush to the concrete ledge.
      We just built one a few months ago and our builder also used rat guard.

Comment

Looks normal to me; no trim on mine either.

Comment

Yes I put it on all my buildings. Looks better, helps prevent rust, rodents, water, etc etc

Comment

I've never seen metal building with that trim before. I say you are good to go.

Comment

We just run a thick bead of NP-1 to help keep the ants out.

Comment

This is a good thread, I'm going to have a barn built and keeping this.

Comment

I dont have it either. We have more of a ramp than a ledge. Interior floor height is 6 or 7 inches higher than paved aprons

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    Kinda like this.
                    This trim will just end up rusting out and then it is impossible to replace. My current office has this trim and it is rusted and looks horrible. The only way to replace it is to take all the metal off the walls. The way the OP is installed is the only way I have ever done it.

Comment

Even with the “Rat guard” it’s still going to have the same finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                        This trim will just end up rusting out and then it is impossible to replace. My current office has this trim and it is rusted and looks horrible. The only way to replace it is to take all the metal off the walls. The way the OP is installed is the only way I have ever done it.
                        I figured the same thing when I asked my builder about water staying trapped and it rusting out. He said to put down a 12” strip of gravel the entire perimeter of the building to keep dirt and debris from splashing back on the building which traps moisture, this is what makes it rust. Makes sense to me. He said it won’t rust in my lifetime. We’re fixing to find out.

Comment

Mine has it where there is no concrete apron however where there is a concrete apron no trim. Pretty standard I believe. You should be fine. I have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                            This. Nobody does what you're talking about, OP.
                            They do, because the 4 other barns on my street all have it. I was just curious if anyone has done it without. And yes they’re all pretty much identical.

Comment

I appreciate the feed back guys. Everything that everyone is saying is exactly what my guy told me this morning. I feel better now, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                                They do, because the 4 other barns on my street all have it. I was just curious if anyone has done it without. And yes they’re all pretty much identical.
                                It's dont standard if someone knows what they are doing. It is best practice to keep sheet metal away from concrete. Concrete has a chemical reaction with metal and will cause rust and deterioration at much faster rate. With sheet metal being some thin that is an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X