Tire Sealant -Every Day Driver??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Sealant -Every Day Driver??

I posted this on the other tire sealant thread but I think it has run it's course and the replies have slowed down. It seems like most people are talking about using tire sealant in their atv and tractor. I have Berryman in my atv and haven't had any issues other than a 2" gash that I don't think anything would have stopped. Anyway, my question is are any of y'all running this stuff in your trucks as every day highway drivers? I can see where it would help with the screw, nail or thorn making me want to add it but I could also see it throwing your tires off balance, etc. So are you running sealed tires on the highway and do my concerns have any merit? If so, do you do anything different regarding tire pressure, tire rotations, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Most tire shops will not touch them if they have sealer in them

Comment

Local tire shop here use to put some kind of powder in tires . Was like 30 bucks a tire .

Comment

No go on highway vehicles.

Comment

I would bet it would throw it off balance and give you some pretty good feedback when getting up to highway speeds. Personally wouldn't use it in an on-road vehicle.

Comment

Sorry I'm just getting back to this. THanks for the replies, I'll pass on the daily driver.

Comment

anybody ever come up with a good solution for on and offroad use?

Comment

I use a sealer in my bike tires and lawn mower tires and have good luck but my neighbor uses latex paint in his lawn mower and swears by it. I'm sure that would work for a ranch truck that doesnt go on the road.

Comment

Go drive at highway speeds with slime in your tires and report back

Comment

pay the extra money of an E or F rated tire and get the warranty on it.

Comment

10 ply E rated tires, my Coopers have an extra sidewall ply or something. I drive on granite rock roads and unlike the goodyears I had, thes dont get slashed rubbing on rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                        anybody ever come up with a good solution for on and offroad use?
                        This stuff is amazing. Have tire on my kids 4 wheeler with three plugs in it, and green slime. The slime comes out when the the plugs are facing down. This stopped the leak instantly.

Comment

Our company ran the slime in all our trailers and 3/4 ton trucks and up, not in the half tons, it worked fine no balance issues, actually had our tire supplier provide this service to us.
                          Quit running it after a couple of years because our mechanics hated it when fixing or changing tires.

Comment

I run Ultraseal Commercial in my F250 35” E rated tires, and all my trailer tires. No balance issues.

In my mule I run ultraseal bulletproof, it’s thick compared to Commercial that’s hwy rated.

In fact my ranch truck/avalanche has had ultra seal in it for over 6 years with zero issue and zero flats
                            Last edited by Texans42; 08-25-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X