No announcement yet.

Corn/soy bean mix......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roasted Soybeans deer likee...Raw soybeans no likee.....My bro farms used to farm 1k soybeans and 1k corn...I could get all I wanted free...Had fed straight corn for years..now with free soybeans ...well deer cleaned up corn and soybeans would lay tell it rained and sprout..Even the hogs left soybeans..... somewhere years later I heard about Roasted Soybeans tried and they work great..The downside my bro quit farming soybeans..

Comment

Your original post states you bought the corn/protein mix at tractor supply. Did you buy that or the corn/soybean mix? They do have both and I have used both recently with very good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
        So went to fill some feeders a few days back. Everywhere around me was out of corn so bought a corn/protein mix from tractor supply. Put it in 2 feeders about 4 days ago. When I opened the bags they smell almost like chocolate. Lol.
        Problem is. No deer or even pigs have hit my feeders since putting this stuff in there. And I was getting numerous pics a day sent to me.

Anyone else have experience with this feed?
        Is what you bought "roasted" soybean?

Comment

And milk

Comment

Go put out a bag of all stock feed. Deer are always at my calf creep feeder.

Comment

I have used the roasted soy bean & corn mix and bought a bag of 100% roasted soy to drop on the ground. Both have been hit or miss at my lease in Houston county the last couple years. Seems the rice bran has been more reliable.

J

Comment

I put some of this out this weekend and I picked it up at TSC. I don’t know if this is the same as what you put out. I’ve never used it before so since the feeder had been empty for a while I thought I would give it a shot. This stuff smelled almost like candy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                  I put some of this out this weekend and I picked it up at TSC. I don’t know if this is the same as what you put out. I’ve never used it before so since the feeder had been empty for a while I thought I would give it a shot. This stuff smelled almost like candy.

That stuff is working great for me. I only use gravity feeders. So, if anyone is using spincast feeders I can't help you.

Comment

Yes. That’s it.

Comment

Shopping basket in Ballinger sells a bag of the mix called Mr.Buck.

I’ve never used it, but I’ve heard great stuff about it.

Comment

Sink- Collin County Feed has buck ration in stock
                        $11/bag
                        113 S Chestnut St, McKinney, TX 75069

Comment

I feed the 16% protein blend from Waller Rice Dryer. It is a 75/25 mix of corn and roasted soybean. My deer in Cuero love it. They also have a 22% protein blend, which is basically a 50/50 mix. Think it is $9.25 for the 16% and $12.50 for the 22%.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Our deer would not eat it. They would pick out the corn and leave the soybeans. We have tried several times with no luck.

Comment

We have used Buck Ration up here in our part of the state with great success. Its a roasted soybean/corn mix made in Mckinney.
                              I put it in a free flow gravity tubes around my bow stands and it doesn't last 3 days.
                              They would eat 300lbs a week if I could afford to keep it out all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post

I started using this as well last week.

Deer on my place are tearing it up.
                                They really seem to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X