Anybody here work in Aviation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody here work in Aviation?

How are you doing if so? Working? I’m a PART 145 PP repair facility Quality Manager, just wondering how everyone in the rest of the industry is making it. We haven’t had a job since March. Hoping for a call soon.

I used to work for Collins AEROSPACE but quit just before the corona started happening. I do know Dallas airmotive had office workers for thelast 1 1/2 months and they had a confirmed case in the overaul shop. All field service work stopped for a few companies that Iknow.Flight service aske for voluntary layoffs . But it should be almost over and we can all get back to work soon.

Comment

We are field service exclusively and it’s hit hard. Hopefully things get going here quickly.

Comment

My neighbor installs electronics in private jets at Ellington.

He was cut back. No OT, he used to work a lot. 32 hrs, 4 day weeks. Unemployment kicks in $600 a week.
        Last edited by M.E.B.; 05-03-2020, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I work for a major airline and we are flying at about 10 percent capacity. Have aircraft parked all over the US at airports for long term storage, as well as all the other major airlines.
          My thoughts , it will never be the same..
          Major layoffs coming and lasting for a long time. Many peoples lives are changed forever.
          I could see our CEO having a hard time and getting pretty emotional giving us the hard truth.. But it made me proud of who i work for knowing we as humans still care for one another!!!
          And i'm sure its the same at all the other major airlines too!!!!!!!!
          I am a Republican, and i know we as republicans have done and did some bad things too, BUT , The Democratic Party has lost it's mind.. Lost touch with reality!! we as a nation need to come together in this time of need.!! Not Party need!!
          I have to admit i did not like Obama, but i did not hate him , the way the Dem's hate President Trump.. Good god, acting like children when they don't get their way. President Trump was in my opinion, doing a fantastic job bringing jobs back to America.. Getting fair trade deals with other countries that were taking advantage of us.
          And it will help now that this virus, (flu) has wreaked havoc on our economy. Someone will have a job because he knew as a businessman how to help America. We, The United States of America , have done more than our share to keep global harmony and human aid, stepped up to keep the right and morals of out of line countries.. We always paid more than any other country!! Now it's their turn for a while.

I am sorry to the op, i hope you and you family will be ok.. We are all in for some bad years, oil and gas , is getting hammered and our normal socialization will be affected probably forever.

Sorry for the rant, and thanks OP for the topic , because it's not just the millions of employees at major airlines, it's also the third party vendors, FBO'S, 145 repair stations,parts vendors, aircraft manufactures and more. If i offended anyone , i am sorry, not my intent..

Comment

No offense at all. I wanted to discuss this with industry professionals to gauge the recovery process. If/when you start getting back to working, please share. We get some word from the Boss but it’s not industry wide info, very limited in scope. Thanks to anyone with some input and I pray we all get back at it soon.

Comment

day002, that 6th paragraph was well said, and sums up my feelings about our political situation!

TXUSMC, I hope your employment situation improves soon!

Comment

I went through this as an A&P following 911. Worked a few jobs including QA at a part 145 repair station.

For me personally it was part of the impetus to become my own boss.

When the work is steady the money is good in aviation there is no doubt.

Good luck!

Comment

I was just at a maintenance and repair shop for private aviation in Conroe last week and the shop was very busy. Full employment with hangar full of planes.

Comment

Just remember guys this is the aviation business it has always had the ups and downs , but has recovered every time.

Comment

My Company is hiring.

This work is based out of the South side of Austin-Bergstrom right now with TDY to the border. Base mission may move to McAllen.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
                          My thoughts , it will never be the same..
                          I'm curious as to why you think this? Do you believe that people will not fly as they did before after things ease up?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            I'm curious as to why you think this? Do you believe that people will not fly as they did before after things ease up?
                            Yes, all major airlines will shrink drastically, and IMO , we will never be at the capacity as we were in January of this year.
                            Generally, airlines plan up 5 to 10 years out, all airlines are getting rid of hundreds aircrafts . And going into survival mode.

Comment

I hesitate to engage on this cause no one really knows. This next year I've seen 2 theories, capacity will remain down 30-50%. Then there is the opposing view that we will be looking at a strong rebound spurred by incentives and need to get businesses back to work. I believe, we will see a fundamental change for a lot of businesses which will result in less business travel. That is not to say there will not be a strong rebound.
                              No matter what, most aviation companies will reduce staff by at least 15% this year. Some more than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X