Att vs Verizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Att vs Verizon

Att has rubbed me the wrong way in the past week. For those that have switched carriers do you have any regrets? I’ve been with att for 22 in one way or another(other companies that they took over previously).

I have an AT&T and a Verizon phone. It just depends on where you are in the state. They both have pros and cons

Generally speaking Verizon has a better signal in East Texas and AT&T is better in West Texas

Comment

I was with sprint for almost 20 years, had at&t for work. I switched to Verizon last year and it is the best decision I've ever made, relatively. I do not care how much cheaper any other company is. Verizon is 1000% worth it. From my deer lease here to the mountains in New Mexico, Verizon is almost flawless

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

They all have issues. I’ve been with ATT for 25 years and thought about switching several times. Every time I go to my lease and have cell service when all my friends with Verizon don’t I think they aren’t so bad.

Comment

I switched to Verizon last year from AT&T. The customer service is 10x better but the coverage sucks compared to AT&T. Will be switching back at the end of the year

Comment

My personal cell phone is Verizon, and my work phone was ATT for years. The only time I wish I still had ATT is when I make a trip out west. ATT has some reception in the areas I’ve hunted out there while Verizon has zero. Also, ATT customer service is terrible.

Comment

I always have to let people with Verizon borrow my ATT phone to call their wives. That’s why I don’t switch.

Comment

AT&T for almost 20 yrs. Ive never had any issues, other than a few dead zones here and there.

Comment

ATT for 26 years here.... living in DFW and hunting out west it is the preferred network for us. If I lived in East Texas I would probably lean Verizon. No personal experience but many of my buddies who live there use Verizon. Sprint is good in DFW but you might as well leave it at the front gate as a gate stop rock when you go out west. it is worthless outside of any metroplex area or major HWY. Sprint sucks....but my buddy like to save his $20 a month and have zero reception at the lease...

Comment

I have had both for several years. Verizon has a lot more coverage area in my opinion. Very few places it doesn’t work. Been to Canada twice and in mountains of Colorado and Wyoming, my ATT was a no go

Comment

I live in Corsicana 2 miles from the Wal Mart.Semi out in the country! ATT has had one of their main tower down for 3-4 years now. We have bad service at our house. My cell works about 30% at the lease. We have had ATT for 25 years. Might be time to switch!

Comment

Only had ATT for 2 weeks. Was with T-mobile before ATT. ATT was terrible service outside metro areas for us. We aren't that far from Dallas but yet service was crap. Customer service was worse. We took a hit on ATT and went to Verizon 10+ years ago. Best decision cell wise we've made. We travel to CO and Iowa every year. Barely any spots we dont get coverage and customer service has always been spot on. Good luck!

Comment

VZW unless you live or frequent area along 377 basically from Stephenville to Rocksprings. In that case use ATT. VZW does not own frequency in that area of Texas - depends on 3G roaming there. Free but 3G

Comment

I switched from Cricket to ATT because they have better service where I travel. Big Bend and the Rockies primarily. My work phone is a Verizon and doesn't have service in several areas where the ATT does. ATT service is horrible. I would have never left Cricket but the ATT has better coverage.

Comment

Cricket is a MVNO that uses the ATT network. Total uses Verizon. Mint uses TMobile and there are more. It is a great way to save money. I do not do it though because I sometimes work over a mobile hotspot and get some discounts from the first tier carriers.

Your parents may already use Jitterbug which is by MVNO Great Call which uses the VZW network.
                              Last edited by PlanoDano; 01-14-2020, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X