Anyone shoot 6.5 PRC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot 6.5 PRC?

I am contemplating buying a 6.5 PCR. Anyone here have advice on this caliber? I am trying to build a long range rifle and I this caliber looks like a contender.

Thanks!

I built a 6.5 SAUM (what the PRC is based off of) about 6 years ago, and have put together a couple of PRCs now as well. PRC would be my choice if I was starting over today. Great caliber with a high quality ammo selection for LR shooting as well as LR hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
      I am contemplating buying a 6.5 PCR. Anyone here have advice on this caliber? I am trying to build a long range rifle and I this caliber looks like a contender.

Thanks!

Talk to docmay on here, he shoots one and has spoken well of it

It’s my next gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

I have a custom APR 6.5PRC and I really like it. I have killed an aoudad and an axis with it this year. It is a hard hitter with lighter recoil. I haven't had much range time beyond a quick sight in but it seems like a great shooter. Hornady Precision hunter seems to be good stuff too.

Comment

I have a 6.5prc from APR and it is an excellent round. My rifle is very accurate, even with factory ammo and has been a hammer on pigs so far. Mild recoil also.

Comment

Is it enough for elk at 200yards+?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                Is it enough for elk at 200yards+?
                Easily. Had two buddies take a couple bulls last year with it. Both running factory 143 ELDX. One at 702ish, and the other at 718. Neither had to be tracked.

Comment

Just got mine put together. Will be shooting it later this week. Going to try the Hornady 143gr ELDX. I’ve heard nothing but good things on this round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard the recoil is not much.. I don't want to take a beating every time I pull the trigger!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
                      I've heard the recoil is not much.. I don't want to take a beating every time I pull the trigger!
                      Mine has a brake on it and it is pretty easy on the shoulder. WAY less than my 30-06 and 270wsm rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

Just got mine put together. Will be shooting it later this week. Going to try the Hornady 143gr ELDX. I’ve heard nothing but good things on this round

What rifle is that?

Comment

Browning Hells Canyon speed

Comment

Browning Hells Canyon speed
                            Though so, thanks.

Comment

Nice Rig!

Comment

Working...
                              X