• Show
Clear All

Son got it done

Click image for larger version

Name:	F9AE04DF-6A25-4FAE-B1F4-EF9F224F6AE3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	25201898

Last year this deer was a typical 10 with a kicker on his right G2. I really want to have one of the kids or grandkids to take him since I was pretty sure he was 6.5, but it didn’t happen. Fast forward to July of this year when he started showing up on cameras in the protein pens, not as a ten but as typical eight with two drops. It took me awhile to figure out it was the same deer. I saw him a few times early in the season, but not when any of our kids or grandkids were around. About three weeks ago, I was sitting in a blind and watching some deer at the feeder in front of me, when I glanced at the feeder to my left and saw him just laying there. He laid under the feeder for a solid 45 minutes before something spooked him and he jumped up and ran off. I saw him back in the brush about 5 minutes later and he was limping badly, something had obviously kicked his butt. My oldest saw him two weeks ago and he was still limping but not as badly. Fast forward to this weekend, he shows up when two of our sons were in the blind including our youngest who had been promised this deer by this time and the rest is history. He was a grizzled old veteran, 7.5 years old, with shredded ears. He doesn’t score all that well, but he looks pretty cool.

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
    [ATTACH]986585[/ATTACH]

Last year this deer was a typical 10 with a kicker on his right G2. I really want to have one of the kids or grandkids to take him since I was pretty sure he was 6.5, but it didn’t happen. Fast forward to July of this year when he started showing up on cameras in the protein pens, not as a ten but as typical eight with two drops. It took me awhile to figure out it was the same deer. I saw him a few times early in the season, but not when any of our kids or grandkids were around. About three weeks ago, I was sitting in a blind and watching some deer at the feeder in front of me, when I glanced at the feeder to my left and saw him just laying there. He laid under the feeder for a solid 45 minutes before something spooked him and he jumped up and ran off. I saw him back in the brush about 5 minutes later and he was limping badly, something had obviously kicked his butt. My oldest saw him two weeks ago and he was still limping but not as badly. Fast forward to this weekend, he shows up when two of our sons were in the blind including our youngest who had been promised this deer by this time and the rest is history. He was a grizzled old veteran, 7.5 years old, with shredded ears. He doesn’t score all that well, but he looks pretty cool.
    Wow a double drop! Congrats

Comment

Wow is that a double drop? Nice!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I aint mad at all but i am jealous!!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          Wow a double drop! Congrats
          Actually he has another small one on the left side that went 1 & 1/8.

Comment

I’d say he did.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Side ways on my computer. Turned it for computer guys. Nice buck and congrats!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Side ways on my computer. Turned it for computer guys. Nice buck and congrats!
                  Thank you, I am pretty computer challenged.

Comment

Cool deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome deer, congrats

Comment

Very cool buck!

Comment

Love those drops, congrats

Comment

Real nice buck there , congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He got it done in a big way. Congratulations to your son!

Comment

Working...
                              X