No announcement yet.

Well, I fell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! 23’!!! Goodness....you were blessed it wasn’t much worse. Prayers for a speedy recovery sir.

Comment

And now I am proud owner of a lineman’s belt/rope. Get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's a long fall. Prayers up

Comment

Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Comment

Prayers for a full recovery. Been there, dun that, and have the screws in my ankle to remind me.

Comment

Prayers sent for a quick recovery.

Comment

Hope you make a complete and full recovery

Praying for comfort and healing

Comment

Prayers for full recovery and healing.

Comment

That’s quite the fall!
                    Prayers for a fast recovery.

Comment

Prayers up and hope you're on your way to a quick and healthy recovery.

Comment

Praying for you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                          I sincerely appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. And thanks to all of y'all sharing your own experiences. I know I will NEVER climb a tree again without safety equipment. I may just ground myself like Slicefixer and eliminate the risk of falling completely. I have the love of my life to grow old with and two perfect little girls to raise. Lots to think about. God bless all and please be careful. We don't bounce, we splat.
                          Man, it's a tough call Strut....i love a climber over a heavy cutover.....but, I just had to face it that I'm not even remotely close to being what I once was.....i catch myself losing my balance on level ground nowadays at times. If that ain't a warning I don't know what is....stroke post open heart surgery does some whacky stuff to ya.

I pretty much retired from the air 30 years ago....always preferred the dirt to be honest.... I can say this, there aren't many times when up is that much of an advantage. Most of the time, for me, it's a disadvantage until the leaves are gone. When my friend was killed that ended it. Fell out and his muzzle loader discharged right up through his chest...horrific...just not worth it to me.....

Reviewing my hunting life I climbed up, waaaaay up, too many times to count....without any safety anything....dumb.....very lucky.... so I'm not pressing the 4 leafs....

Again, I wish you the best with your recovery! It'll be miserable for awhile, so hang in there.....Remember, it could have been much worse.... Believe me....

Comment

Wow, glad you’re alive to tell us about it. Hope for a speedy recovery for you!

I’m as confident as a squirrel in a tree, but I NEVER get off the ground without being attached somehow, whether it be a lifeline, or a lineman’s belt. Some may think it’s cumbersome, but the sacrifice for an extra 30 seconds to climb a tree is well worth the time it will take to recover from a fall. If you’re lucky to be alive after the fact.

Comment

Recovery prayers

Comment

Man, hope you heal up and do not have complications.

Comment

Working...
                                X