No announcement yet.

$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the owner could prove a state record buck frequented the land, it would be more valuable, no? hence, an illegally taken state record missing would damage the value, right?

not to mention, the owner was going to sell it as unhunted for x years. but mr entitled and his public case of chronic poaching, squashed that opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Because all wild deer in Texas are owned by the state, no. If he could show other damages, like to his reputation, his land, etc. then maybe, but my guess is that, by the time the poacher pays the state and his attorneys, there won't be much blood left in him.
      You missed a post earlier in this thread. It has been done, and the property owner won the civil case.

Comment

He got off lucky ........ should have lost his license for 5 to 10 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
          Unforgivable? Come on bubba..It's a good thing you never dove hunted with me in high school..You'd still have nightmare's at the amount of Budweiser we drank,and the pile's,and pile's of birds we killed..I still say that's why I'm handy with a scattergun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          No doubt. Or white bass below the dam on Livingston. Or squirrels....year round. Or any bird that would sit still long enough for a pellet gun to pump. Hell, by the letter of the law, I guess I was a "poacher" at age 8. We were very good at wing-shooting and very good at fishing, but we were not very good at counting.

Statute of limitations is only 2 years, I'm pretty sure, so you and I both escaped those youthful transgressions.....I forgive you.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            No doubt. Or white bass below the dam on Livingston. Or squirrels....year round. Or any bird that would sit still long enough for a pellet gun to pump. Hell, by the letter of the law, I guess I was a "poacher" at age 8. We were very good at wing-shooting and very good at fishing, but we were not very good at counting.

Statute of limitations is only 2 years, I'm pretty sure, so you and I both escaped those youthful transgressions.....I forgive you.
            My childhood exactly, and I'm from Livingston.

Comment

Had a GW cuff me, take me to jail and I paid $39 for fishing without a license when I wasn't fishing. Does that make me bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Had a GW cuff me, take me to jail and I paid $39 for fishing without a license when I wasn't fishing. Does that make me bad?
                No. But considering the fine was only $39, it does make you old.

Comment

No. But considering the fine was only $39, it does make you old.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                    He who is without sin my cast the first stone. He did wrong and he is paying for it. Its not up to us to judge him. In my 61 years I have F ed up a lot and It was up to me to make it right and I am sure he has done just that to the people that are important to him. I am sure that there are more then a few of you that has done some bad **** over the years but are you really a bad person because of it? Live and let live people. Life goes on.
                    Amen brother Rig!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      My childhood exactly, and I'm from Livingston.
                      Most of ours actually if'n you grew up roamin the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        You grew up in North Dallas- Richardson in the 70s so yes that makes you bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                          You grew up in North Dallas- Richardson in the 70s so yes that makes you bad.
                          Plano actually.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            True that!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              I grew up roaming the streets of Oak Cliff with a Red Rider BB gun. We did some damage to the city bird population.

Comment

Originally posted by goldeneagle View Post
                                had a gw cuff me, take me to jail and i paid $39 for fishing without a license when i wasn't fishing. Does that make me bad?
                                no. But considering the fine was only $39, it does make you old.
                                �� sorry, goldeneagle, but I laughed at that

Comment

Working...
                                X