Help me price a one man lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I bet some of y'all would re-evaluate that 15 acre lease if you had to put your money where your mouth is.

I ain't mad, but IMO a post of $2,000 gives the OP an overinflated worth of his 15 acres of what could be unimproved land. Not even knowing if there is a campsite with water or electric.
    I thought $800 was a fair price to lease a place where the landowner already said he will be hunting over the Thanksgiving weekend. My price looks like a low ball offer now

OP if you can actually get one of these guys to fork out $2,000 for your place then that's awesome!
    Word.

Especially since I had a guy tellin me he could not get 800 for a 25 acre place in Montgomery county

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

it has electric and water? i did not see that!

hiking my 1,200-1,500 up to 1,400- 1,700 in that case.

im not valuing it, im just estimating what you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
        it has electric and water? i did not see that!

hiking my 1,200-1,500 up to 1,400- 1,700 in that case.

im not valuing it, im just estimating what you can get.
        You didn't see if because it doesn't say it

Comment

Ok... lets pretend I lived within 20 mins of it. I would give a grand but doubt much more. But I would also want to dove hunt it if possible in any way.

I would only do it cause it would be a place I could run out to after work and see some deer maybe shoot one.

electric and water wouldn't mean anything to me cause I have no camper and wouldn't get one and put it out for only 15 acres.

That said, I hunt a 14 acre place so I'm used to hunting a little place... If they are going to bow hunt you need to make sure they are a mature hunter who knows his limits. If they are going to gun hunt they need to either have a raised blind so they are shooting at a downward angle or know DANG well what their shooting lanes are and what is behind them
          Last edited by catslayer; 12-12-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

If you can prove it with cam pics of deer in the 120's you should start out at $1500 to $2000 depending on how much you spend on feed. It all depends on opportunity for a good deer. In Bastrop and Lee co. where I live most mature deer do not make it out of their 120's. Body weight and antler mass is good but not too many get past 130. First try the upper range in cost this spring when folks are lease hunting for a while. You can drop the price later if needed.

Comment

Myself If I didn't live close to the property I would find a local maybe retired guy I could trust. I would tell him to take care of the place for me, put some corn in the feeders and kill a few deer. Then I would hunt over Thanksgiving weekend. I would do this just because I wouldn't want someone thinking they own the place and killing everything that moved.

Comment

No way 15 acres is worth a grand no matter what your intentions are. It doesnt matter whats around it as soon as there starts to be pressure all those deer are going to vanish and the honey hole will dry up. its worth something but not what most fo you are saying. Op if you are just looking to cover taxes and corn and some headache i would do just that and maybe find someone that is a light user and is making this a supplemental 3rd or 4th spot. That way the pressure remains light and when you show up on thanksgiving there is a deer or two to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I bet some of y'all would re-evaluate that 15 acre lease if you had to put your money where your mouth is.

I ain't mad, but IMO a post of $2,000 gives the OP an overinflated worth of his 15 acres of what could be unimproved land. Not even knowing if there is a campsite with water or electric.
                  I thought $800 was a fair price to lease a place where the landowner already said he will be hunting over the Thanksgiving weekend. My price looks like a low ball offer now

OP if you can actually get one of these guys to fork out $2,000 for your place then that's awesome!
                  I'd pay 3K if it was close.

Comment

some people would call "thanksgiving weekend" 5 days. the devil is in the detail.

seriously, take 1,500 and dont hunt, or hunt, and dont lease. pick one.

Comment

Keep in mind that if they increase the doe days to 16, you won't be able to shoot does on Thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                        I'd pay 3K if it was close.
                        Where do you live? I'm looking to buy 15 acres near you

Comment

Honestly your best bet is leasing it to someone you know personally at a fair rate ($700-1000), and call it a day. Too many issues I can see coming up if you leased it to someone you don't know and you can be a part of the "management" so to speak of your property.

Bringing in the wrong person can turn your honey hole dry very quickly

Comment

Grand easy...

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                            No way 15 acres is worth a grand no matter what your intentions are. It doesnt matter whats around it as soon as there starts to be pressure all those deer are going to vanish and the honey hole will dry up. its worth something but not what most fo you are saying. Op if you are just looking to cover taxes and corn and some headache i would do just that and maybe find someone that is a light user and is making this a supplemental 3rd or 4th spot. That way the pressure remains light and when you show up on thanksgiving there is a deer or two to kill.
                            He could get $1,000 easy...probably $2k if he advertised in the right places.
                            Last edited by kch73; 12-12-2018, 10:02 AM. Reason: sp -5

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                              Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                              He could get $1,000 easy...probably $2k if he advertised in the right places.

13-15 years ago I paid a guy $400 to hunt his 5 acres. It had a 20 acre track on the left and a 7 acre track on the right. The back was a big property.

It sounds like this 15 acres is about the same. Just loaded with deer. They will disperse some when someone starts hunting. But if it's just one bow hunter it will stay good until something else changes (like neighbor building a house or hunting or clearing land).

BTW - I saw a HUGE 8 point and actually got a big 8 point (maybe 120-125") with my bow on that place. I loved it because it was a 30 minute drive. Didn't need water, electric, or a place to stay.

Point being this 15 acre track should get 1k easy. If it has hogs and he's offering the lease year round he could get 2k from a local or student in CS.

Comment

The Kicker is the "I plan to hunt it thanksgiving weekend". This usually ends up meaning that every weekend you're not there someone is going to be hunting your stand.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X