Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Turkey Breast Ideas

Guys,
    I was fortunate enough to take a young gobbler this past weekend and now have a couple of breasts that I want to cook up. I have always done fried nuggets, but want to try something different. What are some of your favorite non-fried recipes for wild turkey? TIA!

Cut it thin, soak it in some egg, batter it with flour and fry it. I like it as much as chicken.

Comment

Marinate in Italian dressing and grill.

Comment

If you fry it, I would mash it out with a tenderizer as well as slicing it thin across the grain.

Comment

I like to wrap pieces in peppered bacon and a jalapeno and smoke it on mesquite. Also as above I'll run it through an egg wash. flour and deep fry. I season it with TexJoy Steak seasoning.

Comment

This is my favorite recipe. Pickle juice acts as a brine

Cut turkey into nugget or strip sized portions.

Marinate overnight in pickle juice.

When you are ready to fry use an egg wash consisting of 2 cups of milk, 3 eggs and and a sweet bar b q sauce.

Cover in flour (my favorite is Kentucky Kernel)

Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour, 10 Ounce (2-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXDNCFC..._BUZTCbZYA0DND

Pan fry in peanut oil until golden brown!

Comment

Don't forget the gravy and biscuits.

Comment

Thanks for the recipes guys. They sound delicious, but I am wanting NON-FRIED recipes. Or is that the only way anyone eats wild turkey?

Comment

I use a spicy marinade on them over night. Then I use Rudys spicy bbq sauce and cover them in it. i then smoke them at 235 until they reach 165 internal temp.Every 45 min i hit them with more sauce.

good luck!

Comment

Grind it make meatballs or meatloaf.

Slice the middle open and form a pocket. Put mozzarella, spinach, mushrooms inside. Season with your "Go-To" seasoning. Cover with ham or bacon. Bake or smoke.

Comment

this was excellent. Its how ive done the last couple https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=304495

Comment

I will cut it up soak in teriyaki sauce overnight. Then I take small pieces of pineapple and put a toothpick in and wrap in bacon on the grill. Pretty good and not fried.

Comment

Brine over night and fry .

Comment

Also, try carnitas with the legs!

Comment

Working...
                            X