Wyoming quotas out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming quotas out

Wyoming released the quotas for this fall. Public comment is being accepted now, they do read them and take NR comments into consideration.

Some good news for moose hunters, some areas have increases and a few changes to bighorn sheep.

A few pronghorn areas have a decrease in licenses as well.

Good luck on your antelope and deer apps.

Some cow tags are now open area wide for archery hunting and then go private land only for rifle, may be a few leftover after the resident draw for the leftover draw in summer.

needa put in for these next year have heard great things about wyoming muley hunting!

Comment

Are the draft quotas published online anywheres?

Comment

Click on the 3-25-2020 regs for the proposals that are final.

The Department welcomes comments regarding proposed changes to regulations.  Questions about proposed regulation changes should be directed to Department Regional Offices.  No individual Department response will be generated from questions submitted through this commenting forum.   To ensure the Commission receives your comment before their scheduled meeting, select the correct link below for the regulation that is open for comment.  NOTE: The online commenting system has an 8,000-character limit.  

Comment

lower quota for the antelope Unit I was planning on applying for. Hopefully it pushes people away from applying to that one. Deer quota is the same so really hoping I’ll be able to swing a combo hunt come October.

Comment

No change for my target unit on antelope. Not sure yet if we will apply as a group or I'll go by myself. Son has football next year so there's that. I've always told his coach, he agrees to play under one condition, if he draws a hunt we're going. We try to time that for the bye week if we can.

Comment

Good luck folks.
              Those with a few PP might look at area 73 for pronghorn. They added enough tags to make a difference in the draw perhaps. Good area with good access.

For those coming up to archery elk hunt, look over the regs on cow tags in some forest areas. Some private land only tags are good area wide for archery hunting during Sept.
              We'll try to snag one of those for our NF archery hunt.

Comment

I am looking at applying for an archery antelope lic. When I enter the unit number, it asks for a type 6 or a type 7, what is the difference? I can’t find it any where ( all I find is reduced cost fawn/ doe antelope). I believe I have to purchase an archery” permit” also, is that correct ? ( 72.00)

Comment

Look here , it will tell you if the Type 7 is a private land only tag or some other restriction like only part of an area or a later season.

All the Type 6 and 7 are reduced price doe tags, and yes you need the archery license in addition to hunt during the special archery season, not needed to archery hunt during rifle season.

Comment

Working...
                  X