X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DO NOT GO TO - Lonesome Bull Ranch

Guys,
    I want to save everyone the terrible hunt I just experienced at the Lonesome Bull Ranch. I'll try to keep it very short and concise.
    Bought a management buck hunt for $9000 to take 5 customers on a affordable hunt. The Lonesome Bull listing on website advertised a cull buck as a mature 9pt or less (plus 5 hogs, 5 javelina, 5 turkey). It turned out to be classic BAIT AND SWITCH. Total BS hunt, they don't even have any hogs, turkey or javelina on the property. me and my 5 guys hunted 2 days and saw zero of before mentioned animals. Trust me, this place sucks. see other bad reviews on Yelp. website seems legit but place is not. www.lonesomebullranch.com

Upon arrival me and my clients noticed the cabin had not been cleaned. sheets were not changed in beds, floors swept, dishes or bathrooms cleaned, etc. The guides acted like the cleaning ladies didn't show up and appologized but didn't offer to help clean up. We later find out it is the guides job to clean!

Owner/ranch mgr - Fred - immediately starts trying to get us to upgrade our hunt package. when we refused he said "well it will be a poor hunt because y'all won't want to shoot any of our mgmt bucks" which had now become old 4 to 6 pts. When i inquired that we would wait to shoot some mature 8's he said it is ranch "choice" on which deer to shoot and if we wanted to shoot any 8 pt it would cost an additional $975. He then described the hunt we purchased not as a "mgmt buck hunt" but a "meat hunt." Total BS because we wouldn't have to pay $9000 to kill 5 doe at the back yard of a Ritz Carlton!

He had us by the balls because company sent corporate check ahead of hunt and i spent 6 weeks making sure all my clients dates lined up. I should have told them to eat poop and packed up our stuff upon arrival but i gave them the benefit of the doubt and hoped my salesmanship would win them over and encourage a better experience. On the last morning, after nearly 48 hours of constant arguing, we got one guide talked into letting one of my clients shoot a 6 1/2 year old 8 pt. picture below will show you what $9000 will buy you on the lonesome bull (3 crap bucks) the pisser is we watched a dozen old mature 8 pts that we would have been happy to shoot but couldn't because the greedy terds wanted to upcharge which flies directly in the face of their advertisement. it was the most infuriating hunt ever. one of my clients MF'ed the head manager Fred.

Rhett Bowen
    Attached Files

Ouch.

Comment

Bad deal . Sorry to hear it

Comment

Sucks. Sorry to hear it

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

That's a handful of cash for little return. Hope you had a good time with your clients and that they understood the dilemma.

Comment

Yikes

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I just N add like that on craigslist yesterday. Crazy.

Comment

Sorry for you bad experience

Comment

OOOF!!!

Thanks for the report... Hate to see y'all get the shaft...

Comment

So each of those deer cost $3000.00 a piece? Sure makes me feel better about my lease....

Comment

I'd seek out Krivoman next year.

Sorry for the **** in the pond.

Comment

Sad to hear about that.

Comment

Man that sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X