Any First Point reports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any First Point reports??

Im headed out this week for my 1st trip to FP and was curious if anyone has any recent reports?

First point

Hey I'm interested I'n going too but let me know how it I's. And good luck.

Comment

Ive been twice. 2 weeks ago me and a buddy went. Had 2 good bucks come in 2nd afternoon but was waiitn for bigger of 2 to get in shootin hole but he circled through the brush and took other buck w him. Shoulda shot the other one. Next afternoon had a 7pt and huge 10 come out deer ducked arrow went rt over his back. Went last week w my dad. He didnt have any come by his set up but had video out and he had 3 bucks about 70 yards from him both afternoons. I shot a big buck but hit a little high and back. Arrow was covered w blood. But we never found a single drop of blood anywhere. Took Bobo Mikes dog out and still came up empty.. Sucked that i must not of hit any vitals. But hopefully hes alive and me or somebody will get another crack at him. Oh and first trip my buddy got a small cull 8pt. Other than that i think theres been atleast another 8 killed as well as does and hogs. Been lots of misses. One guy from louisiana saw 12 or 14 bucks one afternoon and said 2 were over 130 but just werent big enough for him. So deer are movin ok. They will be movn a lot better next month. Also ranch got 3in of rain and theres water everywhere.

Comment

If you havent been u need to. Its an amazing place with huge deer

Comment

Sounds like you had an exciting trip. What pastures did you hunt in? I'm heading down there Dec. 14-17. I have been going there the last four years and you learn something new everytime you go. Definitely shoot low!

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
            Ive been twice. 2 weeks ago me and a buddy went. Had 2 good bucks come in 2nd afternoon but was waiitn for bigger of 2 to get in shootin hole but he circled through the brush and took other buck w him. Shoulda shot the other one. Next afternoon had a 7pt and huge 10 come out deer ducked arrow went rt over his back. Went last week w my dad. He didnt have any come by his set up but had video out and he had 3 bucks about 70 yards from him both afternoons. I shot a big buck but hit a little high and back. Arrow was covered w blood. But we never found a single drop of blood anywhere. Took Bobo Mikes dog out and still came up empty.. Sucked that i must not of hit any vitals. But hopefully hes alive and me or somebody will get another crack at him. Oh and first trip my buddy got a small cull 8pt. Other than that i think theres been atleast another 8 killed as well as does and hogs. Been lots of misses. One guy from louisiana saw 12 or 14 bucks one afternoon and said 2 were over 130 but just werent big enough for him. So deer are movin ok. They will be movn a lot better next month. Also ranch got 3in of rain and theres water everywhere.
            Kevin what pastures did you get?

Comment

I had 5 but mike said hes seeing a lot of good deer in 12 and 13. He had his cameras out and had a bunch of bucks on the roads there. I think the guy that was in 12 somewhere had like twelve bucks come by. And ya definately shoot low and aim for shoulder instead of behind it. Seems like they are always movin and ducking

Comment

i had 5. but mike had his cameras out in 11 12 and 13 and had a bunch of bucks on camera in roads

Comment

oops

Comment

Is it 12 or 13 that holds up to 3 hunters? I hunted 7,8 and 6.

Comment

12 holds 2 ( and my Favorite) 13 holds 3 and is very good. Get up close to the Wakashaw Pierce fence

Comment

Great place to hunt, and yes you always learn something. Mike and Nancy couldn't be any kinder people.

Comment

We just booked today for the weekend of december 9-11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the 8 pt I shot opening weekend. I hunted pasture 9. I will say I learned a lot about bow hunting south Texas. I will go back. It was a blast.

Comment

wheres this place at?

Comment

Working...
                              X