No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lot of Maze or Milo coming up all around the area so no secret here. Find a hole in the fence and the wildlife (deer and Hogs) will be visiting these fields at night but home and hid before sun up. The trails get crazy once some food is hanging on those stalks and look at the poo. Those sorghum type seeds. Before feral hogs were prevalent, hunted Longmont by Sea Drift for wild Russian boars. They loved the maze. Never got one but awesome animals. Brother preached down there and got to see the farmers treasures while visiting the families (nice to have preacher in goose, duck, deer and Boar country, not counting the fishing)and I saw tusks you may call me a liar if I described. And those big boars would hide in the bayous and marshes and very hard to find.

Comment

I see State Parks are closing. Wondering as Granger is Federal but ran by the State will become off limits or is now off limits? I am in total agreement to stay home to stop spread, but I do not see any way I am negatively contributing to the concerns to park, get out and walk/hunt alone or even with others spaced proper and in separate vehicles etc. I will follow rules and be nice about it. All you folks stay safe.

Comment

Help.

Hey if anyone finds and arrows around the parking lot on 391 can you let me know I can tell you the exact length and color of fletching matter and what size tips on the arrows

Comment

I will look around. Put some corn out Monday entering via 391. Needed to get outside. The deer will be happy. Hope to go pretend to hog hunt Thursday. Monday blew me away the very large number of people out there. 391 was not as busy but still a lot of folks , Mostly fishermen. Anywhere they could get to the water. Never even took the bow out of the truck.

Comment

I hunted out of gate 6 & 7, saw lots of deer to bad that I did not draw this year. Saw a couple of hogs but not near enough to shot at. I want to go out in a few weeks but still recovering from back surgery. Want to walk around the Willis creek gate, heard from Willis Creek park manager there are lots of hogs there.

Comment

Hunting hogs at Granger is PhD level hog chasing. There are a couple spots that hold ‘em but getting to them Solo is next to improbable. Group of three is much better odds to have someone slowly walk/stalk in from down wind and couple posted off to side of escape route out of direct wind, to get a wing shot as they leave the area. Fast action.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                Hunting hogs at Granger is PhD level hog chasing. There are a couple spots that hold ‘em but getting to them Solo is next to improbable. Group of three is much better odds to have someone slowly walk/stalk in from down wind and couple posted off to side of escape route out of direct wind, to get a wing shot as they leave the area. Fast action.
                100% been hunting here hard for a year and a half almost always solo and only killed 1 hog. Had to take this week off due to a back injury. Hopefully be back out this weekend

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

See if I can talk Momma into letting me disappear for 3-4 days, hammock and kayak need some love. Need to try out some VPA and Grizzly Instinct 190-200 grain heads from my Kota.
                  Last edited by Wudstix; 05-01-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Deaf. The trick is to move like you’re not and do that in the nastiest cover you can find. Usually you’ll see hogs when you are wrapped up in green briar.

Comment

I’ve been itching to go again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe a bit off-topic, but the dewberries are prime out there right now! I picked for a few hours yesterday and stacked up a gallon and a half. Some wine and cobbler coming up next! This is a killer year for them, but the majority of the berries I saw were either ripe or past ripe, not many reds and none still green. If you’ve been trying to judge when to go hit them, this is your weekend! It’ll mostly be over by next weekend.

Comment

Pig down pics? Any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                            Deaf. The trick is to move like you’re not and do that in the nastiest cover you can find. Usually you’ll see hogs when you are wrapped up in green briar.
                            Oh I'm well aware. I see them frequently. I've even shot plenty of them. The trick is recovering them. Tough little *******s just dont want to die for some reason. Heading out again right now. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone loose a quiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this public hunting land or is this public ranging land? Went toward the main lake from gate 7 today and where there is usually hip to shoulder high grass it looks like a plague of locus has gone through! No hogs, no deer, to be seen. You would think that they had mowed everywhere even under the trees. First I smelled them, then I heard and saw them! Watch where you aim if you get a lucky shoot at hog because there is a train load of cows on the loose out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X