Go topless weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    They throw Matagorda out there and im guessing most people have never actually been. Gorda is tiny and doesnt have the infrastructure to handle an event like that. Matagorda also does allow UTV on the beach on top of the beach on being maintained a few miles down. An event of this size would be a cluster of epic proportions if held in Matagorda.

The people I have heard throwing out alternate locations are pushing for the move to avoid the event from being this size and mess it currently is

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
      Problem is that it's a public beach that allows motor vehicle traffic. This isn't a sponsored event. Just a bunch of individuals showing up at the same place at the same time. Unless they close the beach to vehicle traffic it would be fairly impossible to end it.
      There are already laws on the books that could be enforced to stop at least a portion of the stupidity. You could easily hammer those people on open intoxicants, using cell phone while driving, drinking in public, drunk in public, speeding, and patrol the crap out of that area, so long as the police department knew of the event early enough to staff it.

Comment

In laws live down there and said this year was the worst year yet. 8 deaths since Friday. Prayers out for the individuals that lost their life in the midst of looking for a good time.

Comment

Sad!

A bunch of grown men acting like kids. Plus drinking and driving

Comment

Originally posted by diazsjonathan8
            Make a great chair to sit and play guitar. Have to watch the over size feet it the house as they really hurt when steped on
            Saw a couple of your posts this morning and feel like none of them actually had anything to do with the context of the convo. Trying to increase posts for something?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Sad!

A bunch of grown men acting like kids. Plus drinking and driving
              Yeah me and a friend thought about last year. Glad we've never gone and wont be anytime soon. Plenty of idiots as is. Last time I went fishing there, bunch of old bmws being driven by teenagers thought itd be cool to spin around in the sand in a big line. Was just glad my son was already in the hummer and away where he couldn't get hurt. Ticked me off pretty good until a couple of them hit each other. Served em right. Just body damage, no injuries.

Comment

There are a couple fights. Same reason we stopped going to Mud Nationals Jacksonville. Way to big, to much testosterone and not enough estrogen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                  Yeah me and a friend thought about last year. Glad we've never gone and wont be anytime soon. Plenty of idiots as is.
                  I know it wasn't your intention, but this reads as a self-proclamation that you're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                    I know it wasn't your intention, but this reads as a self-proclamation that you're an idiot.
                    Not sure how unless having ever gone to Crystal Beach means I'm an idiot.. no offense taken though. Just mean that I see plenty of idiots every time i go to crystal beach.

Or cause i missed a word typing that ... thought about *going* last year until we heard how raucous it is.

Comment

From the reports it looks like a nice gathering of D.B.s... ugh.

But then again 99.9% of people in any sort of club gathering together around their particular vehicle type are D.B.s...

I would honestly love to see a prohibition against driving on beaches in TX.

Comment

I don't think it will matter where anyone goes to avoid it. Sooner or later the word will get out that the're another one and the schitt show will soon make it there.

Comment

Go Topless is the white mans version of Kappa Alpha.....

Doesn't take many DB to ruin it for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            I don't think it will matter where anyone goes to avoid it. Sooner or later the word will get out that the're another one and the schitt show will soon make it there.
                            Yep, regardless of where or what it is, once it hits social media, everyone thinks its the next new thing and all goes to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              From the reports it looks like a nice gathering of D.B.s... ugh.

But then again 99.9% of people in any sort of club gathering together around their particular vehicle type are D.B.s...

I would honestly love to see a prohibition against driving on beaches in TX.
                              Easy now some of us like to drive down the beach and fish the surf every now and then.

Comment

What caused ALOT of the issues was it was also the weekend they had MAGA Beach Bash Party going on that's why Rednecks with Paychecks group was there, not for the jeep weekend but for the MAGA Beach Bash Party. The Go Topless Jeep Weekend has been invaded by other groups having their "Beach Party" at the same time to up attendance.

Comment

Working...
                                X