Was a rough one last night…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a rough one last night…

Some my know but my wife & I were foster parents for a long time. That’s how we ended up adopting 8 kiddos. Well my oldest daughter & sil foster now. Well last night was a rough night. They got a placement 8 or 9 months ago, a beautiful 3 month baby girl. Last night it was time to say goodbye. Time for her to got to her forever home. I’m glad we got to watch her grow, listen to her say momma, dada, nanaw & pawpaw!! Glad to watch her take her 1st step, then walk all over the house. Watch her throw scratch out for the chickens.
    You know we had several kids leave our house & it hurt. But that’s what you sign up for sometimes. BUT it rough on pawpaw to say good bye. I didn’t want her to go. I begged & pleaded with God to let her stay but I guess he had different plans than mine. But he’s the same God today as my daughter & SIL dropped her off this morning as he was the day we got her.
    I thought it was rough being a foster parent but I think I was wrong. I think it’s rougher be a foster Pawpaw. I’m hoping we can work something out with her new family to stay connected. Cause I sure do miss her already!!

Got to say it one more time:
    Tater Tot Pawpaw loves you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a special place in Heaven for foster parents. I'm sorry for the sadness, but when you think of the sadness prevented in that child's life, simply because of the love y'all have shown, you gotta be proud. God bless y'all.

Comment

I can't imagine the hurt but God be with you for doing what you do.

Comment

Amen for you and your family brother! I pray God brings comfort on your heart but y'alls hurt is true proof yall Love the way your suppose to!

Comment

God Bless you and your family!

Comment

My wife and I fostered for 8 years and certainly has its highs and lows. I feel for y'all but try and take comfort in knowing that y'all were blessed to be a piece of the puzzle that will make up her life! Prayers for your family as you process this life changing event!

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
              Some my know but my wife & I were foster parents for a long time. That’s how we ended up adopting 8 kiddos. Well my oldest daughter & sil foster now. Well last night was a rough night. They got a placement 8 or 9 months ago, a beautiful 3 month baby girl. Last night it was time to say goodbye. Time for her to got to her forever home. I’m glad we got to watch her grow, listen to her say momma, dada, nanaw & pawpaw!! Glad to watch her take her 1st step, then walk all over the house. Watch her throw scratch out for the chickens.
              You know we had several kids leave our house & it hurt. But that’s what you sign up for sometimes. BUT it rough on pawpaw to say good bye. I didn’t want her to go. I begged & pleaded with God to let her stay but I guess he had different plans than mine. But he’s the same God today as my daughter & SIL dropped her off this morning as he was the day we got her.
              I thought it was rough being a foster parent but I think I was wrong. I think it’s rougher be a foster Pawpaw. I’m hoping we can work something out with her new family to stay connected. Cause I sure do miss her already!!

Got to say it one more time:
              Tater Tot Pawpaw loves you!!

Special place in heaven for you and your family sir!

Comment

I can't imagine how hard that must be, takes a special person to do that and I just don't know that I could handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  There is a special place in Heaven for foster parents. I'm sorry for the sadness, but when you think of the sadness prevented in that child's life, simply because of the love y'all have shown, you gotta be proud. God bless y'all.

Well said. I agree 100%. God bless y’all for fostering

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Amen is all i can say.

Comment

God Bless you and your family for being Fosters. I don't think I am strong enough to love something then let it go like that.

Comment

God Bless your family

Comment

It hurt seeing K&M’s pain through the last few days…but I’ll echo Curt’s statement. Y’all have all been a blessing to every child that has come into y’all’s lives. It’s a high honor for me to call you guys my friends. And even though your wife didn’t agree with my assessment 10 years ago about how this is y’all’s ministry and y’all just see it as being parents, we’ll just have to continue to agree to disagree hug your babies extra tight, continue to pray for Tater Tot (as I know y’all will) and trust in the Only One who controls all things. We love y’all, brother

Comment

Hang in there buddy. You did a great thing for that little angel. May God Bless you.

Comment

you have our prayers and support.

Just remember YOU made a difference and an impact in a child's life

Comment

Working...
                              X