Help Catch a Thief! - Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
    I'm just wondering why you would leave it in the truck again.
    I think this was covered when the first one was stolen. Never know, maybe he told his guys not to do it, and they chose not to listen, and are about to get fired...

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Tell 911 you are going in and getting it guns-a-blaz'n in 5 min with or without them.
    This has been my thought if I ever catch anyone in my truck. "Oh, you aren't coming? Better send an ambulance and the coroner then."

Comment

Any of them on bicycles?

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
        Honest question - what would the legal reprocution be if a group a people knocked on their door and demanded to give the stolen property back, and then take it if they didnt give it back willingly
        How'd that work out for OJ in Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
          Honest question - what would the legal reprocution be if a group a people knocked on their door and demanded to give the stolen property back, and then take it if they didnt give it back willingly
          For OJ Simpson, it was several years in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
            How'd that work out for OJ in Vegas?
            Ha, i missed your post when i was responding.

Comment

They don’t jail pedophiles and murderers in Harris Co. anymore! They dern sure won’t care about a little stolen property. It sad brother I hope it works out!

Comment

There’s just no excuse for this. You have the evidence, got people staked out watching the house and cops just passing the buck.

I feel your pain, going through something right now with an abusive family situation and they gave this family member a case number and that’s all that’s been done. Even after I told her to take photos of the bruising for the police and told her, “they would surely go arrest him”. Nope, nothing…. Still waiting on a supposed investigator to call.

Comment

Good luck OP. I know everyone's tempted to get jiggy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    Here we go again.

$30k locator stolen yesterday. Smash and grab from one of our work trucks. Y’all may remember last time one was recovered with the help of several TBHers as it made its way from Houston to Prosper.

Tracker (embedded in battery) shows sitting at a house in Aldine area but Harris county won’t show up. Been waiting few houses down for 3 hours. Managed to find a Harris county deputy sitting in his car at gas station. Let us tell our whole story and show him tracking info before dismissing us “call dispatch.”

Are there any Harris county sheriffs Dept folks on here? We’re desperate for some help. Not HPD jurisdiction.
                    Im an LEO in Harris county and that deputy is a lazy slug.

Comment

We've got it back. Thanks a ton Shane for the help. Owe you huge.

I'll attempt to answer several Qs. Apologize for poor grammar/misspellings.

These units are extremely expensive. Only people that know that are people who use them for a living. Everything in their yard implies they're in this field of work. Reel trailers, duct plugs, compressor, etc.

When approached by LE, told them "F off. I'm getting a lawyer."

"We'll sit outside your door until we have warrant to come inside and get it."

30 secs later opened the garage with the unit. Claimed to not know what it was (despite all the evidence otherwise.) Then had the audacity to ask for our contact info so buyer could get his money back. Gave him our info. 30 secs later "Diego" calls (former employee) and asks for his $3500 back, "that's MY locator."

"MF'er that's MY locator.... How i was able to track you."

So these guys know what they're worth and either know how to put it to use or have a buyer in line. We've been targeted multiple times. 5+ in the last couple years. What started as opportunistic snags off side of road has turned in to organized targeting of our vehicles. They know ODB trucks have them in back seat. In 30 secs window was smashed, chain was cut, and pelican box was gone.

A non partial bystander that witnessed the event gave exact description of maroon Merc in driveway. Sent him a picture upon arrival this morning and he says "that's it!" These guys are making a killing stealing these $30-40k units and selling for $3000. Found their offerup listing last time. As y'all may recall, last unit made it to Prosper overnight and was put to use on job site very next morning.
                      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 10-20-2022, 08:45 AM.

Comment

We've got it back
                        Awesome!! How'd you do it?

Comment

Nevermind. Glad you got it back. Hope you also got a pound of flesh.

Comment

We've got it back
                            Tell us how it went down...

Comment

Details please

Comment

We've got it back
                                Ya we need a story time for this one...

Comment

Working...