No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to those headed out. I'll be at the ranch too... should be toasty! Spending Wed though Saturday next week in POC with the family... so I'll be back on the water asap!

Comment

Does anyone know if surfside beach is accessible after Hurricane Hanna? I saw pictures of the beach after the hurricane and it showed limbs, trees, trash etc. all over so that you couldnt drive down it. Have they begun clean up? I normally fish down by access # 5

Comment

I'd be more focused on the Jetties then the surf during November. That's the very end of their Bull Run, and the sharks are always plentiful around the jetties. Surf could be hot or miss.

Yeah - y'all fish the jetties - there isn't anything worth eating in the surf in November!

Seriously - During November, I've caught and released over 20 bullreds (fishing with Drifter) in literally a 4 hour stretch. Had Gamewardens watching us for entertainment - and those boys about said F to the Yeah, and wanted to join us badly. They watched, couldn't get in trouble fishing on duty - watching.

And the infamous FLORIDA POMPANO! That is one absolute fun fish to target casting light lines (15lb test) in the suds. They fight hard - surf the bars hooked up - you will travel the sand perpendicular to the beach in pursuit!

Fast fun when it's ON during November

Last edited by AtTheWall; 07-31-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
          Yeah - y'all fish the jetties - there isn't anything worth eating in the surf in November!

I would not mind a stringer full of pompano

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will probably be heading to Surfside #4 tomorrow for round 2 of attempting to hook into a shark for my son. I was unsuccessful 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Got some of this ranch water. I'm a beer guy hope I don't have to trash it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                Does anyone know if surfside beach is accessible after Hurricane Hanna? I saw pictures of the beach after the hurricane and it showed limbs, trees, trash etc. all over so that you couldnt drive down it. Have they begun clean up? I normally fish down by access # 5

Saw this picture of Sargent beach so wondering what surfside looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                  Saw this picture of Sargent beach so wondering what surfside looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sargent beach is probably the nastiest beach in Texas. Here’s a live shot of Surfside.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    Got some of this ranch water. I'm a beer guy hope I don't have to trash it!

It’s nasty. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      It’s nasty. Lol
                      It taste like lime too chico. Not beer, but it's better than any other non beer I've ever tried!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Leemo,

I was reading an article on oyster farming and saw that you were going to be taking the plunge into it. Pretty cool stuff.
                        Link?

Comment

Surfside beach is fine. I am here now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            Yes sir
                            “We” have been working with TP&W and CCA for four years on the making of this endeavor.... TPW finally caved in and gave “us” what we need to make this successful. I’m the President of Mid Coast Shellfish Growers Association , if you are interested , or want more info???

Lbknezek@live.com
                            That is awesome.0

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                              Yes sir
                              “We” have been working with TP&W and CCA for four years on the making of this endeavor.... TPW finally caved in and gave “us” what we need to make this successful. I’m the President of Mid Coast Shellfish Growers Association , if you are interested , or want more info???

Lbknezek@live.com
                              That is awesome.

Comment

Any rockport fishing reports. Buddy and I want to go out if Key allegro in the morning. Fished with a guide in corpus on Wednesday and had a great day

Comment

Working...
                                X