Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    smh.
    Don't shake your head, spit some out. May be unethical but that is different from unlawful.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      He's probably from another state, got transferred here, for his oil field job, and brought his tree stand with him, thinking he would get some hunting in, when he was not working. Then that was the only place he could find to hang his stand.

What would be just absolutely hilarious, is seeing the guy sitting up in that stand, when the game warden comes driving up. The list of tickets he would get would look like a grocery list.
      I thought Asia had the only leafless trees. There I go thinking again.

Comment

Maybe the fence is a cross fence and not a property boundary. Not all fences are on property lines. I honestly have no idea about the legality of hanging that on a power pole.

Comment

We had a power line easment through the middle of the property. There was one good hill on the easment. i hunted a pole on each side of the hill. Eventually put a ladder blind on the west pole and my climber on the east side and played the wind...............

Comment

I'm not trying to be a wise arse, I'm just curious to what laws are being broken because I cant think of any. I'm not sure but wouldn't the power company have to file trespassing, not the game warden. As least it is facing away from the fence line. If someone crossed my fence and put a stand on a power pole on my property, I would take it down and keep it until they came and asked for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              Maybe the fence is a cross fence and not a property boundary. Not all fences are on property lines. I honestly have no idea about the legality of hanging that on a power pole.

I'm gonna bet the OP knows his fences if he mentions it in his post specifically.

Comment

I set one up that looked so much like that.... I thought I forgot it. Lol

Hunted javelina all day and set out hunters to hog hunt hunting the evening. Worked every time ..... but it was a cross fence and not a property line

Comment

What the heck was he thinking? Anyone should have known better than to hunt that without hanging something to break up his outline!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    What the heck was he thinking? Anyone should have known better than to hunt that without hanging something to break up his outline!
                    That’s why you zip tie limbs to the bottom lol

Comment

No big deal until the loser guys come around. I’ve had to remove tree houses that were built on poles.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        I'm not trying to be a wise arse, I'm just curious to what laws are being broken because I cant think of any. I'm not sure but wouldn't the power company have to file trespassing, not the game warden. As least it is facing away from the fence line. If someone crossed my fence and put a stand on a power pole on my property, I would take it down and keep it until they came and asked for it.
                        You nailed the law that is being broken, Trespassing. It is simple. The Electric Cooperative or Investor-Owned Utility owns its assets. In this case, the power pole is the asset. Not only is it trespassing but there is also a liability concern and exposure here. This pole could be a bad order pole. It could be rotten at or below the ground line and most people would never know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

He better b careful climbing up and down and stay himself in. The fall would b bad enough but falken into those cactus could be deadly

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                            Please enlighten us on which law he is breaking.
                            I would assume he is set up on a pole, along a county road, and the stand is facing towards the property on the other side of the fence. If so, yes, he would be breaking a few laws. Now, if that's his pole and he owns the property on both sides of the fence, and that is just a ranch road within the ranch, that would be a different thing. Sure looks like one of the county roads outside of Big Wells or Crystal City.

Down in that area, the county roads, are typically just trails, like the typical roads on the ranches. The only roads that are road base, are the roads going out to wells. So since I don't see any road base in that picture. I would assume the person who took the picture is not going out to a well. But from what I read, the person who took the picture, does not know who put up that stand. So it's most likely not on land he is has permission to hunt, such as a lease, or not his property. So I would assume he is driving a county road, which would mean that stand was put up on the side of a county road, outside of someone's ranch, facing towards that ranch. If I am right on that one, the land owner would most likely have a cow. If I am correct, the game warden would have a few tickets waiting for the guy.

Now, there are places, where there are roads, through other ranches, that are right of ways. They are not county owned roads, they are just typical ranch roads. That could be what is going on there. The guy who took the picture could be on a ranch road, that is a right of way, on his way to a ranch that he is leasing or owns.

But the info on where exactly the picture was taken, was not given, so you can only guess, at the exact situation. My first guess, would be an out of state hunter, who lives somewhere, where most of the land is public and that person, has on many occasions just set up a stand, near a rig that he worked on. And when not working, went hunting. If that is the case, right off, he would be poaching, tress passing, then likely hunting from a public road. Just seeing the picture, that would be my first thoughts, but I really don't know the story.

Comment

Hard to tell but it looks like the pole is on the opposite side of the fence from where pic was taken.

Never herd of power company making a big fuss about climbing a pole but I am sure it is their property and the liability issue alone would be a concern to them. Also probably not the best thing to hang a stand from

Comment

I don’t know about the legal side, but as a land owner I know I get pretty unhappy about people right on my fence line. I know all my neighbors and we talk about stand locations and shooting lanes for the sake of safety. We have lease guys on our back fence and I can reach over and touch one of their feeders. We keep a roll of toilet paper in a zip lock up there so about every 2 weeks someone goes up there and s...s about 6 feet from that feeder.

We have dumped a couple of hogs up there as well

Comment

Working...
                                X