2 5/16” Trailer Coupler Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 5/16” Trailer Coupler Locks

Need some help here. I just purchased a new Ranch King trailer with a 2 5/16 bulldog coupler on it. I have bought a few coupler locks to put on it while it’s being stored under the barn and I can’t seem to find one that fits snug with the larger coupler size. Has anyone here purchased a coupler lock that fits a 2 5/16” coupler snug and secure? The one I have on now, the ball that goes into the coupler is so small it just hangs there. It seems the universal size does not work well for the 2 5/16” size. Let me know what you guys have are using.

While I don’t live in an area where I am too concerned about someone coming and taking it, I don’t like taking chances. Thanks for the help!

Description Model 2516-B was designed to fit BullDog style trailer couplers. This style trailer coupler is usually found on heavy duty trailers such as those used in commercial applications and heavier weight-rated trailer applications. In most cases, Bulldog style trailer couplers will be found on commercial trailers, but in some cases trailer manufacturers offer Bulldog couplers on non-commercial trailers as an upgrade. Designing the best coupler locks is not an easy task. We pride ourselves on producing a "glove like" fit coupler lock. Rest assured that Proven Industries trailer lock products will leave you with simply the best coupler lock on the market. This style coupler will not allow you to secure safety chains in the lock. Fine Print Trailer coupler lock model 2516-B may not fit all trailer couplers. Please look at trailer coupler lock index pictures, if you do not see your trailer coupler picture please fill out contact form to ensure you will get the correct trailer coupler lock. This style coupler will not allow you to secure safety chains in lock.  *Please note, product pictures may not represent current model, as products are revised. All locks are now upgraded to 7 pin tubular lock at no additional cost. Lock Core Cobra 7 (Standard) The Cobra 7 is a patented key system that was developed for the high-security needs in the vending industries. The COBRA tubular keyway is like no other with its 7 sided tubular keyway, this unique feature stops anyone from going to a hardware store to copy your key. This product offers a high-security solution for those that are looking for excellent exterior performance. COBRA 7 comes standard in all of our products at no additional cost. Application The Cobra 7 system is geared for the business owner looking for a great performing lock system at an affordable price with key control. Proven Disk-Detainer (Upgrade Option) The Proven Disk Detainer Lock was developed for high-security situations where  minimum maintenance is not possible. This particular lock is virtually impossible to pick due to its rotating disk and requires special lock picks and skills needed in order to pick.  Application Disk detainer locks are not all that common in everyday use. Mainly this style of lock is reserved for high-end locks. These lock perform well in extreme weather conditions with minimum if any maintenance.   Medeco M3 (Available upon request, for additional cost) Medeco comes as one of the oldest High-security lock manufacturers in the USA. You will find this high-security lock in most prisons, government facilities, and even the White House! This particular lock is virtually impossible to pick due to its rotating pins that not only need to be at the right height but the right rotation in order to unlock. Application Medeco is typically needed for the high-security needs of companies that need key control or grandmaster key solutions. All parts are machined out of brass and hardened steel, for the combination of great exterior performance and high-security needs. *Medeco and Abloy is available upon request for an additional fee. Please call customer support for additional information.    

Proven industries is the best out there in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
      https://www.provenlocks.com/collecti...s/model-2516-b

Yeah I knew they would be brought up, just not looking to spend that much on a lock. Those are the best out there though.

Comment

BOLT CUTTER PROOF trailer coupler locks! Made in America FREE U.S. FedEx SHIPPING We set the GOLD STANDARD in trailer security

I have several of these and I’ve been pleased with them...

Comment

Buy a couple cheap 2 5/16 balls and cut off the shanks. Put them in the coupler and use a high grade locking pin, Just as effective, less bulky and less cost.

Comment

That is a awesome looking coupler lock. However, like all of them, with the advent of cordless grinders, a cutoff wheel would get you through those in less than 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              That is a awesome looking coupler lock. However, like all of them, with the advent of cordless grinders, a cutoff wheel would get you through those in less than 30 seconds.
              True - just slows them down - hopefully long enough to get noticed or worse...

Comment

Anymore recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  Not even that much cordless drill and 3/8 drill bit. Drill out the key hole and you are done. Key holes are brass on most locks remove the tumblers and the lock comes open

I do not lock the hitch. I run braided cable through the rims and tuck the lock under the frame somewhere.

Comment

I have same brand trailer and love it. I use this one. https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tool...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Have to put on sideways and turn and lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dats some funny stuff right there, y’all ever seen how fast a redneck can back up to a locked trailer, wrap it with a piece of chain and haul it off to where they can get the lock removed?

Comment

My favorite is a long rod about 3/4” diameter with a T on one end and a hole drilled in the other for a padlock. Pass through the holes in the wheels across the trailer and lock. Not terribly easy to spot and a big wake up call to anyone trying to pull it.

Or cable/chain both wheels on one side of a tandem together.

Comment

One of the few locks the LockPickingLawyer recommends.

Never knew I could be fascinated by locks until stumbling across that youtube channel

Comment

Working...
                          X