Knife sharpening stones??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife sharpening stones??

What are you guys using that hand sharpen your knives? Looking for some good stones. Wet stones? Oil stones? Brands? Let me know ya'll!!

I have been thinking about trying traditional Arkansas stones. For years i have used diamond stones, and hone steels. I'm just curious to see if i could master what grandfather would have used.

Comment

I use Arkansas stones, Norton wet stones, and Diamond. I touch up with a Cermamic rod.

Comment

Pocket knives I use Arkansas Stones and finish with leather. All my meat processing knives I use the Norton Style Wet Rocks, I have to of these that I really like and keep them kinda hidden, I also have a couple cheap ones in my meat processing area that I use for quick touch ups because the knives are not always clean when I need to touch them up.
        I enjoy setting in my chair and putting edges on my knives while watching TV so I use the hones.

Comment

My dad was a butcher, in his shop they use a Norton oil bath tri-stone. That's exactly what I use to sharpen my knives. Not touch up....sharpen. I use a diamond stick to touch up.

Comment

Lansky Turn Box. Works great for 2 blade broadheads and knives. I have a Sharpal 325/1200 diamond flat stone that I use some too.

Comment

I've got a plethera of stones. Really like my Norton Crystolon stones, (used to be called Carborundum, my grandparents had one :-) Inexpensive, good for most knives, good feedback while sharpening. I strop on leather and keep a ceramic rod to touch up kitchen knives. If you want to spend more money, Spyderco Medium ceramic is good stuff, followed by stropping or a ceramic rod. Have Fun!

Comment

Lansky Deluxe - excellent and super excellent for the value. Lookup Project Farm channel on YouTube and find his knife sharpener comparison test. He tests like 10 sharpeners ranging from $8 to $800 and the Lansky was the best for the price point.

I would equate it to having the perfect arrow spine, straightness and build. When you know your arrow is perfect your confidence is high and it functions at peak performance. The Lansky sharpening system holds the exact angle you want PERFECTLY throughout the entire sharpening process.

Good luck!
                Last edited by Super Six-Four; 12-01-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
                  Lansky Deluxe - excellent and super excellent for the value. Lookup Project Farm channel on YouTube and find his knife sharpener comparison test. He tests like 10 sharpeners ranging from $8 to $800 and the Lansky was the best for the price point.

I would equate it to having the perfect arrow spine, straightness and build. When you know your arrow is perfect your confidence is high and it functions at peak performance. The Lansky sharpening system holds the exact angle you want PERFECTLY throughout the entire sharpening process.

Good luck!
                  Thanks, I've tried several "systems" and would just like some decent stones.

Comment

Not a stone but boy do I love my Guided Field Sharpener by Work Sharp. It is one heck of a tool. I carry it in my backpack. Quickly gets my blades razor sharp.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lansky for a great edge, diamond rod for touchups.

Comment

I have used arkansas tri stone setups over the years, but now just a diamond stone. I think my bigger one is a smiths and the one in my pack is a worksharp. They are easy and work well

Comment

Warthog VSharp

Comment

I'm a knife sharpener hoarder. I've got most of them and have some I like and some I can't stand (Original Work Sharp). I just bought this new Work Sharp Adjustable tabletop sharpener and am anxiously awaiting its delivery after many very good reviews. Its similar concept to the Lasky system but with a much better (looks that way anyway) blade locking mechanism.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                              X