Good eat and things to do in Irving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good eat and things to do in Irving

I’ll be in Irving for the week staying staying near the DFW airport. Any good food nearby or places to hangout?

North or South Irving? Irving is in the middle of everything. You could go east or west and not do bad.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Wow so many choices. Las Colinas area has cool river, or the you could drive 10min to grapevine and eat at Tolbert’s

Comment

I’m staying at comfort suites. I’ll be attending some training off of Esters Blvd for the next 5 days.

Comment

Irving isn't "good" for anything but it is centrally located

Comment

Bobs Chophouse, Prince Lebanese, The Ranch some of my local favorites. Hard 8 is popular for visitors

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
              I’m staying at comfort suites.
              Hope you found something decent tonight. Aspen Creek isn't too bad next door. But spend a few dollars more on Lyft to check out the options left and right of Irving.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                Hard 8 is popular for visitors
                Hard 8 in Coppell

Be sure to buy a t-shirt because the food is not that memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                  Hard 8 in Coppell

Be sure to buy a t-shirt because the food is not that memorable.

Don't go to Hard 8, the food is awful and not worthy of being called BBQ. Don't take my word for it, go check it out and see how easy it is to find parking on a weekend during lunch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    Irving isn't "good" for anything but it is centrally located
                    This^

I was born and raised in Irving.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                      Bobs Chophouse, Prince Lebanese, The Ranch some of my local favorites. Hard 8 is popular for visitors
                      I might try the Lebanese place.

How’s post oak smokehouse?

I actually have some friends in town for a day that night neuter me to eat at five sixty but I didn’t bring the attire for that place. If I can find some cheap dress shoes I may go just for the experience.

Comment

Born and raised in Irving, I live in Fort Worth now but still work in Irving daily. Not a lot of great places in Irving specifically, food or otherwise. They call it "crooked I" for a reason, it has really gone downhill over the past 20 years or so & is why I don't live there anymore.
                        Like others have said though, lots of great places around the metromess in any direction. Are you wanting something upscale or casual?

Comment

I used to work in Irving. Might try Po Melvins for lunch. Kind of home cooking/cajun food. Haven't been in a while but it used to be pretty decent.

Comment

Not looking for anything upscale. Just decent food and so where to hang out a little so I’m not stuck in the hotel room.

Comment

Working...
                            X