Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Arrow Straighteness

When buying carbon arrows they list straightness .002,.003,.006

It has me wondering what is a good straightness to be expected of a quality wooden arrow?
    Last edited by M.E.B.; 04-22-2022, 11:04 AM.

I’ve never seen wood arrow builders list a steaitness value. If they spin in my hand without any obvious wobble, they are straight enough for me.

Besides, they are made of wood, and things like changes in humidity can screw them up.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've no clue but I will say this need for maintenance is one of the reasons I've avoided getting them for so long.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The reason I ask is I have shot and seen wood arrows shot that were only spin in your hand or visibly straight so I’m wondering if the extra $15 between a carbon .006 or .003 is worth it.

Comment

Wood Arrow Straighteness

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
          The reason I ask is I have shot and seen wood arrows shot that were only spin in your hand or visibly straight so I’m wondering if the extra $15 between a carbon .006 or .003 is worth it.

I would think that 99% (maybe even a little more) of trad shooters could tell no discernible difference between the two!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            I would think that 99% (maybe even a little more) of trad shooters could tell no discernible difference between the two!!!!!

Bisch

I’m more than likely one of those!

Comment

I know I am.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

as long as the front and the back are in line...you can have 2 or 3 bends in the middle and that arrow will fly straight...primitive arrows while straight as possible are sometimes made with bamboo or rivercane that have nodes that you cant really bend.. our ancestors had none of the tools to straighten arrows we have today except heat...and yet here we are...get the tip and the back inline and shoot em.

Comment

I’ve found spine to be more important than straightness. Fast flight strings and today’s improved bow designs have had me shooting much higher spined arrows. I discovered that I was shooting under spined in recurve wood at Vanderpool. The results weren’t good.

Comment

They straighten pretty easily. Been using woods for 20+ years now and I rarely have to straighten after sealing the arrow shafts.

Comment

Working...
                    X