Budget Rangefinder......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget Rangefinder......

Recently lost my Nikon 440 I've had for 20 years (or it was stolen out of my truck console when I left the doors unlocked this week). Gonna give it another go at searching for it but wanted to start looking at some respectively priced rangefinders for bowhunting. I'm not interested in $400 1000 yard units as I bet I haven't ranged anything over 60 yards in 10 years.. I just need to tell me if something is in bow range. I've search at Academy and Scheels and there's a bunch of new names out there. Don't want junk but don't need Cadillac either. Would like it to be easier to read with these aging eyes.......And go..

I got this one off Amazon and love it. Best of all is it’s rechargeable and it holds a charge for a long time. I figured I could try it out and if I didn’t like it, I’d only be out $75 but I love it. Going on my 2nd year with it.

Comment

Academy. Bushnell or wild game for around 100

Comment

Ping ArrowSmith and get a price on a vortex crossfire. Lifetime warranty will serve you well. More than capable rangefinder, specially for bow range. It should be under $200.

Comment

I’ve got a Simmons. I think $70. Works great, at least for bow hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            I’ve got a Simmons. I think $70. Works great, at least for bow hunting.
            Ive got one of those too I think. Uses a 9 volt battery so its easy to find batteries anywhere.

Comment

I have been using Bass Pro's brand for years!!

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                Ive got one of those too I think. Uses a 9 volt battery so its easy to find batteries anywhere.
                I looked they are about $80 now. Yes mine uses 9v.

Comment

Good info fellas.. Thank you. I remember Simmons from back in the day and didn't know they were still in business

Comment

Following

I’ve had the same Nikon for as long as I can remember. Never let me down… but more to be desired honestly

I too have no need for range. I want red display numbers and decent low light… arc would be good but not a must

Friend bought a halo…. I’m pretty sure that what the world through the eyes of a bluegill look like. Terrible

Comment

Bought my son a halo and if I loose or decide to junk my nikon thats where Im going

Comment

Budget Rangefinder......

1 against Halo… 1 for Halo back to back.

Comment

Picked this Bushnell up at Christmas and used it at San Antonio TAC.

I am happy and feel the price is reasonable.

Comment

I like my Leupold rx-650 I got several years ago for about $60 on clearance.

With Father's day coming up you may be able to get a deal on a RF geared towards golf at a discount.

Comment

Working...
                            X