Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big truck to small (mid-sized) whos’ made the switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely hate the 5’5” Tundra bed. Really blows. Oh and the 5.7 blows as well.

Comment

I went from a F250 FX4 diesel to a GMC Z71 half ton. Within 6 months I was back in a diesel. I will never make that mistake again and hated every second of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
        Moved from a F-250 4X4 to a F150 4X4 and I am very happy.
        I did this in 2012 because I was doing lots of driving and not much actual work. The ride was much better and the fuel mileage was too. I had to buy a one ton to move my tractor, dozer, and backhoe. That was fine when I owned another property but now I don’t so went back to an F250 and I’m selling the one ton. I like the F250 but **** they are taller than they used to be. I may break an ankle getting out !

Comment

No sir, don’t do it. My last 4 trucks were full size with 8’ beds. I recently bought a Ford with the short 5’ bed and hated every minute of it. Sold it and am back to a truck with an 8’ bed.

Comment

I went the other way. Mazda CX9 to a Suburban.

Comment

When I graduated college I thought about switching to a mid size so I could afford a new/newer pickup. I then rode in a Tacoma once. **** that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                I absolutely hate the 5’5” Tundra bed. Really blows. Oh and the 5.7 blows as well.
                What do you not like about the 5.7?

Comment

CC 3500 SRW Long beds will be the only trucks I ever drive. Screw a short bed and anything smaller than a 2500

Comment

I haven't switched, but I've rented some Chevy Colorados and Toyotas on business trips. As I get older and don't need a full size so much I would definitely consider one of the smaller versions over a "car"

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      What do you not like about the 5.7?

In for this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 2500 CC Duramax and an extended cab Colorado at the same time… loved the Colorado for its ease of use… I could get in and out of places like I was in a car… loved the Duramax for towing power… honestly the vehicles are different all together and are not comparable IMHO. they are for different uses… don’t have a truck right now. I am looking for a 3/4 extended cab to get a little bit of both worlds…

Comment

F250 Powerstrokes to a Tundra. Cab size is actually bigger on the Tundra. Power is sufficient to get the job done but I limit trailer weight to about 8,000 lbs for braking and so as to not overload the rear tires. Oil changes are cheaper, and I don't have to mess with DEF and finicky fuel filter changes and priming. I have no regrets.
                          Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 05-08-2022, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            I had a 2500 CC Duramax and an extended cab Colorado at the same time… loved the Colorado for its ease of use… I could get in and out of places like I was in a car… loved the Duramax for towing power… honestly the vehicles are different all together and are not comparable IMHO. they are for different uses… don’t have a truck right now. I am looking for a 3/4 extended cab to get a little bit of both worlds…
                            A modern day extended cab is a rare bird, they always catch my eye when I see one.
                            I like the idea of one of those in the 8'bed, should be about the same turning radius as a crew with the shorter bed.

Comment

I have a F350 and a F150. The F150 with the ecoboost, 6” lift, and twin turbos gets used 80% of the time. F350 with the big gasser is really only needed when towing something really heavy. I much prefer the F150.

Comment

I drove a Tacoma for about 6 months. Couldn’t get rid of it fast enough

Comment

Working...
                                X