X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real slow for me this evening. Just that 8pt who finally left

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another good buck showed up. Then the hinds started to come in. Let the first two walk and settled the crosshairs on the 3rd. She stepped as I shot and the shot was a touch back. She stumbled and stood there, head was turned slightly so I took a 2nd shot. She hit the ground.
      We are now 2 for 3, waiting on the 3rd member to shoot

Comment

Good deal! Congrats!

Comment

Success!! Congrats

Comment

LDPs!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Oh yeah

Comment

Can't seem to post any pics.
                  Will update tomorrow

Comment

Congratulations man! Sounds like a fun hunt!

Comment

Congratulations, red deer are some good eating. We’re still eating some from the one I got last year.

In for the ldp’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Let's see if I can recap
                        Set up a Red Deer Hind hunt at the Circle Bluff Ranch in Hunt, Texas from a Facebook contact. Set it up with two friends for a hunt this weekend.
                        We load up and head that way on Friday afternoon and arrive at 4:30 in the afternoon. Meet the guides, unpack and jump in the Polaris Rangers to see the ranch. We look at majority of the 1300+ acres and spotted a lot of game.
                        Get back to camp,talk around the fire and enjoy some adult beverages.
                        Saturday morning arrives and we head out. Each of my friends sit with a guide and I fly solo. Daylight breaks and I am coveted up in game, Whitetail bucks, Red Deer Stags and Hinds and rams. I pick out a hind but she never gives a shot. Time rolls on and we head to camp with no shots fired.
                        We do a midday drive and spot a few, but the stalks don't work out. We all get in stands for a 2 hour sit. Still no shots. Back in for lunch and discuss and plan.
                        We load up and head our for the evening hunt. I'm back in the same stand. Notin the stand 15 mins and a good 8point walks 15 yds from the stand straight to the road corn and alfalfa pen. I hear a shot fired to the north at 430 pm and we have a hind down. I watch the 8 pt eat till 520 then we moveswest and beds down. Nothing else us moving. About 555 another crab claw 10 pr whitetailcomes in from the southwest and the 8 stands up. 30 yards behind the 10 in a Red Deer hind, then another, then two more. Gun out the window I judge the four and pick outta biggest. She's 85 yds away slightly quartered away. Settle the crosshairs when she stops touch off the 30-06 sending the 150 grain core-loc into her body. She buckles, stumbled and goes in circles. I chamber another round, she stops, I Center on her head, touch it off and she crumbles. That's 2 down with 1 to go. We get her back to camp and get her skinned and gutted. While skinning we found the mushroomed bullet right under the skin.
                        The other friend doesn't have any hinds come in, but gehad Sunday Morning to hunt. He hunted the stand I hunted and is covered up at daylight. The one hind that gives him a shot is Ear Tagged and Off Limits. The game wipe out the feeder and he is never given a shot.Guide picks him up around 930 and they do a drive around. They find 2ina dry creek bed. He picks one out and connects. We are 3 For 3.
                        The is the first year the ranch is offering hunts. Alittle rough around the edges, but will be an OUTSTSNDING ranch.
                        No for the Photo Overload
                        I didn't get a pic of me with my hind, too dark when the guide picked me up. The order of the hinds harvested are the order that they were taken.
                        Thanks for following along.

Comment

Congrats. Y’all will be eating well.

Comment

Congrats!! Lots of good eating!!

Comment

Congrats on the success, it’s something I want to do !

Comment

Working...
                              X