No announcement yet.

AIRBNB and VRBO cleaning fees ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My whole issue with the clean8ng fee and service fee is it doesn’t say it and you don’t know how much it is until you go to check out, not sure why they can’t have it displayed and be able to filter it..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
      My whole issue with the clean8ng fee and service fee is it doesn’t say it and you don’t know how much it is until you go to check out, not sure why they can’t have it displayed and be able to filter it..
      Funny, on VRBO, it shows all fees when just looking at each property (before checkout). Have to click on the button for the $total for the stay (total that includes as ll fees).

Comment

$450 cleaning fee? Geez..I'm too cheap at $50 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          AirB&B has been in the news/social media cycle a ton because of these cost and the stock is going down big time. Looks like lots of people are fed up with it.
          Maybe, but I have two and they stay rented pretty well. In fact, its the opposite with people being "fed up". Maybe some of these fedup people will sell me theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
            Every rental platform is a little different but, I believe the fees are disclosed up front. It's at least as transparent, if not more, than a hotel booking with all the taxes/fees, cancellation policies, and changing day rates during a stay. And as far as the cleaning fee: it costs the same if you stay a day or a month. I won't accept a rental for one day; that renter should get a hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
              I have no problem with a cleaning fee, but what irks me is when they charge the cleaning fee and then put in the notes, "make sure to put all towels in the tub/washing maching, take all the sheets off the bed and the pillow cases, vacuum the floor, and wash all dishes." Am I getting the cleaning fee lol?
              x100

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                Thanks for the feedback. My business partner is convinced we should lower our nightly fee and add a cleaning fee. Still the same price but "looks" lower. I'm of the camp that rolling it into the nightly rate was the way to go. Looks like most of you guys agree with me. We shall see.
                Your business partner is correct - when searching for a stay in a particular area a lot of people search by price (lowest to highest) and the lower your nightly stay fee is, the more attracted they are going to be to your listing. They will still have the opportunity to see the total cost breakdown before booking. We carry the lowest nightly rate in our area AND the lowest cleaning fee in our area and still use this method to attract more guests to our listing

Comment

Working...
                X