How much dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much dirt

How many yards of dirt would it take to bring this house slab up to grade? I received an estimate but it doesn't seem right to me. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Over 1000. Dont forget youre going to want to slope it down on the 48" side. Thats going to take up a lot of dirt. Talk to Keith Reynolds in Livingston if thats not who you got your estimate from. He just did one similar for me.

Comment

Realistically it’s going to vary depending on type of material used and how much compaction is needed for each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

285 cyds of compacted fill. Probably looking at around 350 cyds hauled in fill for just the fill under slab.

If you need more for the slope to get back to grade it will be more.
        Last edited by lab man; 04-11-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
          285 cyds of compacted fill. Probably looking at around 350 cyds hauled in fill for just the fill under slab.

If you need more for the slope to get back to grade it will be more.

This is the number i came up with as well. Actually 300 cyds. But basically same as you. I was told more than double that, just wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
            This is the number i came up with as well. Actually 300 cyds. But basically same as you. I was told more than double that, just wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy.

You’re right for loose yards to fill that pad drawn. Just remember your pad should have an apron that goes out 4-5’ past the edge of slab and unless you have a retaining wall, you’ll need additional dirt for sloping away from the house...preferably at a 6:1 slope for ease of mowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

300 for the box, then compacted and surrounded.

I bet it will be closer to 500 by the time you're done.

If you don't want it to have that "anthill" look, keep hauling.

Comment

My guess is 100 loads by the time its all said and done.... minimum. I had a similar slope issue but my pad was wider than yours. I put 227 loads in mine including driveway and finish grade. Wish I had built it out more in the back because now we are looking at putting in a pool and dirt is certainly cheaper than concrete.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe i got it figured out. Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Working...
                  X