Ridiculous Price on New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
    Most builders can get price locks through their source. Got a good buddy that can get lumber "cheap" through his mccoys account because he buys so much lumber and price is locked quarterly
    I seriously doubt anyone's price is locked quarterly right now. Our company's lumber pricing had been negotiated quarterly through a group buy until the last year. Now things are getting re-adjusted monthly. The market is just too volatile right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
      I seriously doubt anyone's price is locked quarterly right now. Our company's lumber pricing had been negotiated quarterly through a group buy until the last year. Now things are getting re-adjusted monthly. The market is just too volatile right now.
      Guess he's just lucky then..

Comment

I'll walk before I buy a 75,000 truck. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
          inflation. You ain't seen nothing yet.
          This unfortunately. We are just on the cusp of it taking off.

Comment

I always buy “work truck” package trucks and am probably due a new one, but even those packages are now in the mid $40k range. Other than high miles and age, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with trucks I have, so I’ve decided to keep driving what I have.
            For me, occasional minor repair is cheaper than having a monthly truck note.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
              He put a "lol" at the end. I believe he was joking.
              Thank you for picking up on the sarcasm. Was starting to wonder on some of the responses lol.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  Thank you for picking up on the sarcasm. Was starting to wonder on some of the responses lol.
                  Proper TBH policy is an emoji and the end.

Comment

If you think this is ridiculous you should see the insane increase in wakeboard/wakesurf boats. Some of these boats, not yachts, no bathroom, no sleeping quarters are running $250,000 - $280,00. These are ski boats that in 2005 cost $50k.
                    Last edited by piercebronkite; 03-02-2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                      You want the federal government to step in so you can afford an $80K truck?
                      Clearly i was joking. If i want an $80k half ton truck, I'll go buy one. But what about in 2 more years when an F150 Lariat is $100k then 2 more years its $120k and so on lol. Vicious cycle and unless the average American's wages go up to match, could get ugly or crash. Just blows my mind that a half ton truck is more than some people's mortgage these days....not a diesel, a regular ole half ton V6!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Proper TBH policy is an emoji and the end.
                        Haha true!

Comment

price

its price gouging just like with ammo

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                            If you think this is ridiculous you should see the insane increase in wakeboard/wakesurf boats. Some of these boats, not yachts, no bathroom, no sleeping quarters are running $250,000 - $280,00. These are ski boats that in 2005 cost $50k.
                            last year tiage ski boats sold out and none were to be found for sale. prices went up again

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                              last year tiage ski boats sold out and none were to be found for sale. prices went up again
                              I am a contractor for Tigé.

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                                Most builders can get price locks through their source. Got a good buddy that can get lumber "cheap" through his mccoys account because he buys so much lumber and price is locked quarterly
                                Quarterly doesn't do you much good right now.

4th quarter of 2020 was already sky high.

The huge increase happened in quarter 2 of 2020.

Futures are still climbing, but nothing like the initial leap.

Comment

Working...
                                X